Squid here

Derty_rabbit

:
2002 Protege5
Hey what's up peeps. I'm Brian and new to the forum here. Have been kind of a creeper on here for a bit, read and found some interesting things. I recently bought a 2002 Protege5 from a coworker at a hell of a price and since then have been making it my own. Been a Volkswagen tuner, enthusiast, builder and owner since 13. I'm 31 now and am living life a little lower and slower lol so enjoying my wago.
ea0fc5c056f4fb81c4db6f3887cad569.jpg
d6a1238a8aed5c28a6b09ac49d001bdf.jpg
b5ed29ccad39fa2d8289b16357ef09bf.jpg
f96e4b7e77979ec8a31d2c246b5a3a4c.jpg

Purchased the wagon sitting high as hell on 17 inch chrome wheels. Far from my style and had led halos on the headlights. I went oem and blacked out housings. Huge fan of oem+ look so I took ms3 gen1 turbo wheels, dumped it on a cup kit that I pieced together. Panted rear diffuser on bumper and deck lid for plate lights, vented hood and also installed a wind deflector on stock rack. Now waiting on delivery of stock tails to remove those Ricey tails. Anyway that's my 15 minutes of fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Loving the wheels and ride height. (cool)

The bonnet looks a little misaligned at the windscreen. Should polish the headlight lenses. Would make a big difference to the light output, and look better too! (yes)

Welcome. Loving the wheels and ride height. (cool)

The bonnet looks a little misaligned at the windscreen. Should polish the headlight lenses. Would make a big difference to the light output, and look better too! (yes)

Thanks for the tips. I just purchased a headlight restore kit. Bought salvage yard used headlights and just wanted the old ones gone. The bonet (hood) i intentionally set it like that so that the back side is vented. It allows more flow. Plus I think it looks dope. Thanks I liked the way the wheel and stance set up. They just...fit perfectly.

Purchased h&r sport lowering springs (black not blue) and for struts I'm using tokico hp series shocks. Stiffer than stock but ride better on the lowered suspension

Sorry I didn't hit the reply to quote u. My fault. But I think I used the wrong size tires on the wheels, I'm having rubbing issues left and right...literally.

What size tire?
The rule of thumb ive seen for 18 inch wheels on P5's is a 215/35 tire as being the only real fit

What size tire?
The rule of thumb ive seen for 18 inch wheels on P5's is a 215/35 tire as being the only real fit

Well there's my answer. Thank you!!! [emoji111]🏼️ I picked up a brand new set of pirelli pzero Nero for 100 bucks lol but they're 235 40 18. By some miracle of god they work....but any bubble gum I run over *rub* turn *rub* I can't even fart in this thing without it rubbing.

Btw I am in awe with ur engine bay. PO of my wago took no care of this one

Thanks! And I can imagine the rubbing, that's a very soft setup for that small of clearance. It does look fantastic though, can't wait to see it with stock tails.

Nice! Get rid of the tails, polish them headlights and she'll be looking real good! Welcome to forum also! What are your future plans for the car?

Thanks! And I can imagine the rubbing, that's a very soft setup for that small of clearance. It does look fantastic though, can't wait to see it with stock tails.

Soft??? Riding just about stock stiffness, 12 front about 7 rear

Nice! Get rid of the tails, polish them headlights and she'll be looking real good! Welcome to forum also! What are your future plans for the car?

I hear u on all that hahaha. If work is slow tomorrow imma work on the headlights and hopefully Tuesday they arrive so I can replace the tails. Not sure....wasn't even thinking of getting this far...but here I am. lol I am gonna have to replace lifters and valve stem seals soon tho

I'm rubbing cuz my tires don't fit. I'm actually rubbing strut even with weight off the car on the lift

Spacers will space the tire off the strut, but then you will rub on the fender if you aren't already. I did the same thing with my hood about 5 years ago, but it didn't last long. Where in Austin are you at?

Spacers will space the tire off the strut, but then you will rub on the fender if you aren't already. I did the same thing with my hood about 5 years ago, but it didn't last long. Where in Austin are you at?

I cut and partially rolled my fender, pit 2mm spacers and now I need to cut more lol I'm in souf Austin

It looked like a VW dealership in the back of your pic, I drive by it all the time. I have two MSPs and know a few other MSP/protege people in Austin if you ever want to go to any meets. There is a Cobb meet this Thursday evening and Saturday nights there is a big meet off Wells Branch Parkway and Mopac. Monday nights there is a meet at gatti town in southpark meadows but I have never actually stopped at it, just drove by.

Back