2016 CX9 interior question

TeamFreak

:
2004 Mazda 3
Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm looking to buy a 2016 CX9 but I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Signature model with a different color interior? I'm not a big fan of Auburn. Or if you can't do you know if you can get a GT and upgrade the interior to the wood and upgrade the headlight/tail lights? Also sorry if this was already posted but do you guys know the release date of the 2017? Trying to plan my purchase of the 2016 when the 2017 comes out and maybe save a few $. Thanks in advance.

The auburn Napa leather is the ONLY option in the Signature. I wasn't a fan, but I've gotten used to it. Don't love it, but rather live with it.

Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm looking to buy a 2016 CX9 but I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Signature model with a different color interior? I'm not a big fan of Auburn. Or if you can't do you know if you can get a GT and upgrade the interior to the wood and upgrade the headlight/tail lights? Also sorry if this was already posted but do you guys know the release date of the 2017? Trying to plan my purchase of the 2016 when the 2017 comes out and maybe save a few $. Thanks in advance.

Signature is Auburn only interior. If that's a deal breaker, save a few bucks and get the GT--it has most of the Signature features anyway. And you are in SoCal, so you can get a GT without AWD, which you can't do with the Signature.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Signature model with a different color interior?

The GT has everything the Sig has except,
  • LED grille accent lighting
  • LED interior & overhead accent lighting
  • Nappa leather-trimmed seats
  • Auburn-colored interior accents
  • Genuine Rosewood interior trim
GTs are loaded and you can get them with dark or light interior and FWD. :)

Enjoy!

I have to get in a Signature. My GT has some LED interior and overhead accent lighting. I'm curious what else the Signature adds.

Enjoy!

This isn't completely accurate. My GT FWD has LED interior & Overhead accent lightning. The only place where accent lightning is not present is around the center console surrounding the wood trim.

I have to get in a Signature. My GT has some LED interior and overhead accent lighting. I'm curious what else the Signature adds.
Here you go:

Enjoy!

This isn't completely accurate. My GT FWD has LED interior & Overhead accent lightning. The only place where accent lightning is not present is around the center console surrounding the wood trim.

This was my point as well.

Look at previous post

I have a 2016 signature, personally the interior color was my main reason to go for it instead of the GT. We drove for a week with a identical GT that the dealership gave us while we were waiting for our Signature to arrive (they had a client for our trade in 2010 CX9 and did not wanted to take a risk with us ruining it until then :)). I second what I saw above: the only difference is the blue light around the center wood console. BTW you don't even see that blue glow when you are sitting in the car, only when you enter it so I would not use that as a decision factor. All the other aspect of interior ambient lights are exactly the same between the GT and the Signature. I would not spend a dime to get the signature upgrades if you prefer the GT trim colors anyway. I like the rosewood trim but it is not exactly anything to write home about, the trim in the GT was pretty good looking and felt quite solid as well.

Really, the auburn Nappa leather is the only real reason to get the Signature, unless you don't want AWD for some reason. The wood trim and extra trim lighting are just side bonuses but shouldn't play a role in deciding.

Back