Bluetooth irregular auto-connect with Android Nougat 7.0

Mr.Gadget

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
In my 2016 GT w/Bose, my current OS version is "59.00.441 NA N" with fail-safe version at 55.00.760.

I just purchased a LG V20 to replace my LG V10. The V20 runs BT 4.2 and Android 7.0 Nougat. The problem I have now, since the phone swap, is that BT does not always auto-connect when I get in the car. It tells me there is no device connected and offers to connect which fails. Then, I go into the car BT, tell it that my V20 should be used for call audio and music, then it tries to connect and usually does not. Sometimes the phone audio will seem to auto-connect but not the music audio. Pandora will not start most of the time now. I have to either reboot my phone or turn the phone BT off and on while the infotainment is booted up.

I'm not sure to blame BT 4.2 or Android 7.0... The update to 59 has been just fine with my old V10 and with a ZTE Axon 7 I tried.
Anyway, are others having BT connect issues with Android 7.x ?

I am having the same problem as you. I also have a LG v20 phone. I am currently using my backup phone (Honor 8) and haven't had issues with connectivity. It may have to do with the BT software LG is currently using in the V20.

This appears to be a problem with android 7. I had the same issue with a Nexus 5X when it was upgraded to 7.0 and then 7.1. Never had the problem with 6.0.

The 5X had other problems, including the boot loop issue both on my original and a replacement Google sent without charge. That was enough.

I switched to a Galaxy S7 with 6.0, and the Bluetooth problem disappeared.

Google has announced a fix for Bluetooth in 7.1 which will be incorporated into a future update. When 7.1 is offered on the S7, I plan to hold off updating until I can confirm that the issue is resolved.

Back