Mazda 2 Keys

:
Mazda Demio 2013
Hi guys

I m new here and this is my first post here. i have purchased a japan import Mazda Demio / Mazda 2 2013 ... the guy just gave me 1 normal key. when i asked him for the 2nd one he said that i could just make a copy for a few . I have called a local key shop and they told me that with 180 they can make me a remote key only if the car already had that function from factory. Could it be that a full extras car in the 2013 was only supply with normal traditional keys? Can i locate the remote central locking receiver to verify this? In which part of the car is this located.

thanks
D-Demio

Unfortunately, you can't just make a copy for a few euro. It's going to cost you big time to make a second key, and even more to get a remote key.

In order to program the immobilizer you need two registered keys, no matter what type. If you only have one key you need to have a new key cut and programmed by either a dealer or a locksmith. It cost me $120 USD to have a second key programmed when I lost my 'plain-key' spare. I was able to program two more myself in minutes once I had a working pair.

The remote is going to be worse. You need to go to a dealer to have a new remote programmed. There is no way to do it without using the mazda service tools to access the BCM and manually put it into learn mode. Well, there are ways but it's going to cost more hunting down someone with compatible tools than it will be just to go to the dealer. Also do no buy remote keys online - I have two that will not program even though they are the same FCC ID. This is something you're going to just have to get OEM.

Have to wholeheartedly agree with the above post. Not something you can do for yourself and it's not gonna be cheap. IF you can, try and find a locksmith to do it for you as they're usually a hell of a lot cheaper than a dealership!

Back