Buzz, rattle, squeak, zzzzzz, etc etc

:
Mazda 5
I have to say that, while I love the utility of the 5er, of the 15 or so vehicles I've owned over the years I've never had one that had more squeaks, rattles, and buzzes that this Mazda. It is seriously at the point where I'm considering selling it rather than working on mods/upgrades as it is so annoying.

Currently fighting a loud buzzing coming from the middle of the IP, somewhere near the radio/climate control display (2012 5 Sport). The buzzing varies with engine speed and can be eliminated with careful use of the throttle (at least, temporarily). I'm about ready to go at the dashboard with a crowbar to see if I can fix the bloody thing - is there any known issue, or trim piece, or something that is known to cause this kind of noise? I'm hoping that maybe this is something that others have seen (or heard!) rather than having to start tearing in to things from scratch

Any advice would be appreciated - it is rapidly driving me bananas and is so bad it even got my 15 year old daughter's attention (if you have a teenager, you know that this is not an easy task!). :)

Many thanks for any advice!

Wow sorry to hear that

I have owned over 40 cars and my 2012 mazda5 since new with 70k miles on it as of today

Of course it isn't as quiet as my LS600HL but it cost 1/6 the price

The engine is coarse and the car is noisy but for 20k new I couldn't think of any other car that could carry 6 passengers

Mine doesn't have any squeaks or rattles or buzz. When it was 5-10k mikes old it had nasty seat squeak. After 3 dealer visits all seat mechanism was replaced under warranty and that cures the problem.

I am a very OCD owner and if other noises popped up I would have visited the dealer or posted here

Sorry about your troubles hope you chase it down soon

I had the same problem in my '14 6. Radio off, buzz on bumpy toads, radio on makes it worse.
I parked it, opened the doors and turned up the stereo with bass-door speakers. With doors closed, buzz transmitts to dash.
Pulled the door skins off and found speaker cone to be partially detached from the Bose frame around bottom of speaker, at the base of the cone(back side). I could tap on the back of the cone and hear the buzz. Sanded it down a touch, hit it with silicone-viola! Waited overnight. No more rattle/buzz!

I had the same problem in my '14 6. Radio off, buzz on bumpy toads, radio on makes it worse.
I parked it, opened the doors and turned up the stereo with bass-door speakers. With doors closed, buzz transmitts to dash.
Pulled the door skins off and found speaker cone to be partially detached from the Bose frame around bottom of speaker, at the base of the cone(back side). I could tap on the back of the cone and hear the buzz. Sanded it down a touch, hit it with silicone-viola! Waited overnight. No more rattle/buzz!

Nice. I'm going to have to remember that. :)

Same issue with my 2012 Grand Touring. I may have punched the dash a few hundred times at this point...

Back