Who has the light up factory door sills?

I have them on my QX. I probably wouldn't have purchased them outright myself, due to their price. But they do look sweet!

1013ff81112bf6875d0c629567256427.jpg

Their price might not be the lowest, but free SH over $100 is great (many accessories come in big boxes),
and they usually ship products quickly. So far they haven't messed up any purchase from me yet.
Very reliable IMHO.

Just checked, and unfortunately, they don't carry them for 2017 Grand Touring CX-5.
In the past for other items, I haven't found their prices to be competitive.

True on price. I got mine from them a few weeks back. So, it is probably out of stock.

True on price. I got mine from them a few weeks back. So, it is probably out of stock.

Possible.

I found nothing in the following, which I just checked again before screenshotting this and posting.
(I also checked the other categories just in case they're in the wrong category.)

I got them from med center mazda (sponsor of this site).
mazdaparts.org
>$100 no S&H.

Be aware of the dealer's 20% coupon.
Often times, they jack up the price and give you 20% off.

Was this for the lighted ones or the set of 4 non lighted ones? the lighted ones seem to be about $230

I think he meant that if you spend more than $100 at MedCenter Mazda, where he bought them, that there is no shipping and handling charge.

So I won $550 this weekend. And just bought the Factore Illuminated Sills from a Mazda Dealer on Ebay for $231.

Stay tuned...

So I won $550 this weekend. And just bought the Factore Illuminated Sills from a Mazda Dealer on Ebay for $231.

Stay tuned...

Curioius what you think... i don't like the fact that they are battery operated and have a different switch, but i could be making to much of it.

There's no switch. A magnet attaches to the door. When the magnet meets the sill (door closed) it's off. Magnet leaves sill (door open) power is applied and it lights up.
I also like that it's battery operated. Easy for me to install. No drilling or running wires or tapping into power.

There's no switch. A magnet attaches to the door. When the magnet meets the sill (door closed) it's off. Magnet leaves sill (door open) power is applied and it lights up.
I also like that it's battery operated. Easy for me to install. No drilling or running wires or tapping into power.

Yeah, i saw the magnetic switch - i just meant it wasn't tied into the wiring harness. Curious how long battery lasts, and how well it works.

If I recall correctly, the instructions say it lasts about 2 yrs under normal use. (whatever that means)

Replacing battery is quite easy also.
Press the middle, left both both ends, expose the batteries, replace them, snap the top back.

Love? Hate?

Are you talking about the illuminated door sill trim plates from Mazda? If so i have it. It looks ok although the back is not illuminated, only the front 2 door is. It only illuminated about 10 seconds if you keep the door open; i wish it could be longer.

Last edited:
I got a set on my 18 GT. I really like them. I have aluminum sills on my 15 mazda6 so i had to have another aluminum set. The illumination is a bonus. Took me 20 min to install and i tossed the templates away as they were paper and useless lol.

Ill post a pic if anyone wants to see.

Latest posts

Back