Who has the light up factory door sills?

I was wondering about these myself. How is power supplied to these things?

I was wondering about these myself. How is power supplied to these things?

I don't have them (opted for the non-lighted set of 4), but from what I saw online, they are battery-operated (user replaceable). I believe the actual sill is two pieces, a top and a bottom, and you can pry the top portion off to get to the battery. They also light up via magnet when you open the door, and shut off when the door is closed. The magnetic thing is a separate piece that installs underneath the actual door.

Last edited:
I don't have them (opted for the non-lighted set of 4), but from what I saw online, they are battery-operated (user replaceable). I believe the actual sill is two pieces, a top and a bottom, and you can pry the top portion off to get to the battery. They also light up via magnet when you open the door, and shut off when the door is closed. The magnetic thing is a separate piece that installs underneath the actual door.

+1 , this is correct, the OEM lighted door sill is powered by button battery and activated by magnets.....

I think they only offer it for the front....

no back door

Thanks guys! I do know it's only the 2 front doors.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On my old cx5 I had some front and back that were wired into the dome light circuit. I ordered them from the PRC fpr I think about $40.

I was curious about this as well. They seemed cool, unfortunately not cool enough to justify the price.

20% off coupon. I'll be getting them by the end of the month.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got them as well and concur with what is said above. They are stupidly over priced for what they are. But they look very nice, are of high quality and add a little touch of class. I decided to swallow the price of them because they are battery powered and as such the install was a snap. If mazda would make it a four piece kit like the non lighted one the price wouldn't seem so painful. I ended up just ordering a cheapy of sill protectors from flea-bay so I had rear sill protectors that matched up pretty well.

I do have to admit that I'm a little peeved they don't make these for the 2014+ Mazda3 which I'm going to be getting after this deployment. (Yes, even with the high price tag I'd buy them again.)

Voda pas is right - the ones you need to wire will cost under $60 or 70. These magnetic ones will cost you more than 200. but the installation for magnetic ones is like 4 minutes for each. Peel stick and ensure the magnet is properly installed.
I saw one for Tucson that was OEM. I really want this but at 200 i rather get a JDM headrests used and pad my center armrest.

2017 owners: did anyone actually get these?
I'm wondering if it's worth getting them at the time of purchase or buying something afterwards?

I installed them over the weekend.
Look cool and work great, but they are expensive.

Power comes from 2 x 2025 button batteries.
The top portion can be pulled off (push down middle, pull up both ends).
Replace the batteries, and snap the top part back onto the bottom parts that are 3M-tapped to the frame.

Easy installation, but take care when positioning the magnets to ensure it works every time.

Last edited:
I got them from med center mazda (sponsor of this site).
mazdaparts.org
>$100 no S&H.

Be aware of the dealer's 20% coupon.
Often times, they jack up the price and give you 20% off.

I got them from med center mazda (sponsor of this site).
mazdaparts.org
>$100 no S&H.

Be aware of the dealer's 20% coupon.
Often times, they jack up the price and give you 20% off.

Its Always good that you give the sponsors of this forum first chanche to sell you a product !

Gr. Karl

Their price might not be the lowest, but free SH over $100 is great (many accessories come in big boxes),
and they usually ship products quickly. So far they haven't messed up any purchase from me yet.
Very reliable IMHO.

Back