Replaced the battery, now the auto function doesnt work on the main windows.

LordJezo

I have no idea where to even begin with this one..

The battery on the 2010 Touring died so I took it out, got a new one from the store, and replaced it. Car worked fine and can power through the frigid winter temperatures. Except now the auto function on the front two windows doesnt work, the feature where you hold the button down for a second and the window will auto roll down all the way.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't find anything else not working in the car after the battery replacement but this.

I have no idea where to even begin with this one..

The battery on the 2010 Touring died so I took it out, got a new one from the store, and replaced it. Car worked fine and can power through the frigid winter temperatures. Except now the auto function on the front two windows doesnt work, the feature where you hold the button down for a second and the window will auto roll down all the way.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't find anything else not working in the car after the battery replacement but this.

Push the button and roll the window all the way down. Continue to hold the button for like 10 seconds.

Then roll them up and hold the button up for several seconds (20-30) after they are all the way up. Sometimes you can hear a sound kinda like a motor cycling.

That should reset the auto feature for the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add to Rob's advice above - you need to do this with each window. I had to re-set the ones in my CX-5 the other day and holding the button for about 5 seconds worked fine.

Just to add to Rob's advice above - you need to do this with each window. I had to re-set the ones in my CX-5 the other day and holding the button for about 5 seconds worked fine.

Yeah forgot that part! And different cars need it held for different amounts of time. I haven't had to do it on my CX-9 but had to do it on my Speed6 a couple times.

I had this on my 2014 - it didn't take anything close to 10 seconds of switch hold, let alone 20-30.

I had this on my 2014 - it didn't take anything close to 10 seconds of switch hold, let alone 20-30.

Good to know. It was longer on my old Speed6 but that was back in 2006-2007

Roll them a little bit not all the way, roll them back up and hold. You will hear a click when it resets. Then release.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

This thread is beating a dead horse... but, the window reset is a 2 step process for your 2010.
First step is to reset the auto down, which if you search you will find the procedure for, I can't recall off the top of my head, though I've done it several times.
Second step is to reset the "smokers preference" setting, where it stops at a half inch. Super annoying, and that requires an additional procedure to eliminate the smoker's stop.
(unless you're a smoker).
Good luck.

Well of the the advice worked, thanks.

Why does this need to be done in the first place? Seems pretty random a feature like auto windows, which are listed right on the buttons themselves, would stop working and need a reset procedure like this after a battery change.

Safety feature, most cars have had this for at least the last 10 years or so, also applies to sunroof/moonroof.

This information is on page 3-41 in your owner's manual.

Last edited:
Back