2016 CX-9 WeatherTech Floor Liners- loose retention clips on liner?

MrAbracadabra

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Hello all,

I've got WeatherTech Floor Liners in my 2016 CX-9. I've had them in about two months. I was took them out for a cleaning and after putting them back (front drivers and passengers side) they seem to move around.

Maybe my I'm just noticing it now but I feel like they are too loose. I feel them move back and forth while driving and getting in/out.

They are "plugged" into the retention peices but the plastic circle on the liner itself seems to move around within the liner causing the movement.

Anyone else have these liners? Do they move around at all?

I'll be calling Weather Tech tomorrow but just wanted to see if I was the only one seeing this issue.

Thanks!

No issue whatsoever with mine.

There is some play in the WeatherTech retention clips to allow for tolerances in the CX-9s pin position.

Did you happen to use some sort of protectant on the back of the liners that made them more slippery?
If so, you might want to remove the liners once again and use a cleaning product to remove the slick protectant.

No issue whatsoever with mine.

Talked to Weather Tech. As I suspected, the "play" of the plastic grommet within it's housing/molding is not normal and they will be doing a warranty exchange. Haven't got a confirmation yet, but their customer service has been very helpful.

Good to know. My oem all weather mats in the front didn't last long at all. I have Weathertech front mats but they are not the deep liners, just the regular all weather. Several years, no issues. I have heard they customer service is great though.

I actually noticed this the other day when I took them out to clean out the road salt and sand. I took another look this afternoon and I found the same thing. The plastic circles which clip onto the floor seem to slide around inside the holes in the mat which hold them. I think I'll give them a call myself.

Been trying to send photo and videos for several days to their customer service and their firewall blocks everything I send. Really annoying.

Well after less than two weeks with my replacements, the retention clips are loose again. Must be a design flaw with this style. I might have to super glue them myself.

Got a response back from Weathertech today. Not a defect. It's supposed to be lose....

Essentially what I said in post #2.
My thought was that the slight play allows for manufacturing tolerances in the carpet and floor liner retainers.

My liners don't noticeably move while driving and I suspected that the op had used some slick protectant on the back side.

Back