After market backup camera wiring

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi, I read on this forum but I still cannot see how to hook up reverse camera on cx5. Please explain to me on simple term. Other cars is to hook up to reverse light but I do not want to damage the module at the back. Thanks

Aftermarket cameras are 12v
Cx5 camera is 6V
If you are using the stock stereo...it has a plug for reverse camera . You can make your own plug or buy the plug (on aliexpress they send the camera and the plug) but the voltage from he headunit is 6V and you will need 12V...so consider to buy a voltage converter

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks. I am wondering if some one tell me reserce power where should this connected to? I have 2013 base cx-5, I will install aftermarket unit.

Aftermarket headunits need input video (from a powered camera) and a reverse signal in order to overlay the reverse camera image over the current display.
Powering the camera is the easy part. Simply get acc power from the mazda connector (the red one) as you want to have the camera powered only when ignition was on.
The issue is the reverse signal that makes the unit connect to the reverse camera.
Easiest way: you will need a can bus decoder (that will convert the reverse can bus coded signal into 12V signal) additional to the main power for the camera. I recommend the PAC RP4-Mz11
Harder way: you should get 12V power from reverse light and connect them to the head unit's reverse signal. When reverse .. lights will switch on as the same time 12v signal is sent to the headunit

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Reverse light trigger, is best to tap reverse wire or ii s there a better way? I read few other forum but could not find the answer. If I need to use reverse wire, what is the proper way?
Thanks

Back