CX-5 oem remote control of windows and mirrors ?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
has anybody seen this or know where to buy this add on module ? looks pretty simple to install.....

Last edited:
I like that!

The VW Jetta that I sold back to VW last month did this from the factory. It didn't have power folding mirrors but you could open/close all the windows/sunroof using the fob.

Interesting, but doesn't this assume that the motors are already installed in the mirrors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting, but doesn't this assume that the motors are already installed in the mirrors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that is true USA models don't have the powered mirrors, some members have successfully installed them though using Japan spec parts, not sure if that module will work on USA cars with aftermarket powered mirrors though (body control module might not be the same). I believe new CX5's will have powered mirrors.

Last edited:
www.enlargecorp.co.jp/products/detail430.html
Here you are-now I have to figure out how to order to Germany
I use already the auto folding modul when closing the car fold and start the engine it folds out. But this one with the windows is way cooler. I must have this.

Cheers 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, that is true USA models don't have the powered mirrors, some members have successfully installed them though using Japan spec parts, not sure if that module will work on USA cars with aftermarket powered mirrors though (body control module might not be the same). I believe new CX5's will have powered mirrors.

yes, I see your point batmancx, but I believe that add on box is actually a "BCM" independent of the OEm body control module, it's connected in between the power and switch harness and basically works by using the remote control commands as the trigger to control the windows. In other words, it "reads" the signals coming from the remote control "unlock-lock-unlock, or any combination and uses that signal to control the wondows, etc" just my humble opinion, I don;t know enough of the actual module but just my best guest....

I do hope that powered mirror is on the new CX-5, it'll come in handy when a FEDEX truck blocks a narrow street and need to squeeze pass....

video below shows driver able to control the side mirrors even while in drive or reverse mode (see the mirror fold as he backs into showroom)

those wheels are really ugly, glad I got the 2016.5, I'll drive it around until Mazda's next CX-5 refresh (2020 ?) hopefully by then they'll weed out any 1st year bugs, recalls, etc and give it nicer wheels and also hopefully will have Apple/Android carplay and who knows maybe a turbo version by then....

I do hope that powered mirror is on the new CX-5, it'll come in handy when a FEDEX truck blocks a narrow street and need to squeeze pass....

video below shows driver able to control the side mirrors even while in drive or reverse mode (see the mirror fold as he backs into showroom)

How do you control your mirrors? I think here all driver can fold automatically even while driving, but you have to do it yourself on a little wheel. That's the benefit of the modul I use right now, that it folds automatically when leaving and the supercool benefit of this one that I could open the windows from the balcony in summertime to let the heat out before entering with a baby a boiling car.

Best regards 101

yes, I see your point batmancx, but I believe that add on box is actually a "BCM" independent of the OEm body control module, it's connected in between the power and switch harness and basically works by using the remote control commands as the trigger to control the windows. In other words, it "reads" the signals coming from the remote control "unlock-lock-unlock, or any combination and uses that signal to control the wondows, etc" just my humble opinion, I don;t know enough of the actual module but just my best guest....

those wheels are really ugly, glad I got the 2016.5, I'll drive it around until Mazda's next CX-5 refresh (2020 ?) hopefully by then they'll weed out any 1st year bugs, recalls, etc and give it nicer wheels and also hopefully will have Apple/Android carplay and who knows maybe a turbo version by then....

I hope they put the CX9 turbo into the CX5 as well, but more likely the 2020 CX5 should get the next gen Skyactiv 2 engine that is suppose to be better mpg and doesn't use spark plugs. I agree with you, those wheels are ugly and look small compared to the 2016.5

⋯ I do hope that powered mirror is on the new CX-5, it'll come in handy when a FEDEX truck blocks a narrow street and need to squeeze pass....

The feature you described is a basic function of factory power folding outside mirrors and it has been available in 1st-gen CX-5 for all over the world except the North American market. This means although we saw the feature in new 2nd-gen CX-5 for Japanese market, we still are under the mercy of Mazda North American Operations. They'll decide if we'll be getting power folding outside mirrors or not on US market 2nd-gen CX-5!

The kit OP mentioned is not an OEM and is definitely useless for our US version CX-5 with no power folding mirrors. There'll be too much hassle and cost to retrofit the basic factory power folding outside mirrors, not to mention trying to add fancier features offered by aftermarket vendors such as auto folding/unfolding while locking and unlocking, and power folding controlled by remote key fob. In addition, without one-touch auto up/down power window function for all 4 windows on US CX-5's which is again available in other regions, this afternarket add-on kit may not work for controlling windows one-touch up/down with remote key fob.

I agree with you, those wheels are ugly and look small compared to the 2016.5
I always thought Mazda borrowed those wheels from Volvo XC60: (whistle)

Volvo_XC60_Still002.jpg

Back