Head light adjustment not working

SHCX-9

:
08 CX-9 Grand Touring
My 08 with HID no longer adjust with the dile switch on the dash? Has anyone else have this problem. Now the lights are all the down And are a pain to see at night. Hope it's not down to new headlight motors.

I see you are in Idaho. It gets very cold there. That is part of your issue. Mine are mostly dead but not completely. I find that on warmer days if I rock the selector knob up and down for awhile, the adjustment motors will start to move. I have thought of a few things to do to try and remedy this, but out of laziness, I haven't.
Mine are all the way up and adjusted perfectly for my liking which is one of the reasons I haven't done anything about it.
Here are my thoughts:
- remove the motors, which should be real easy since they are right on the back of the headlamps. turn the shaft by hand, maybe throw some grease or wd-40 onto the shaft where it meets the motor body
- find motors on ebay, or broken headlights on ebay for parts only (h.i.d. specific, cx-9 specific, gt specific) and hope to get good motors on the ebay headlights
- the only other solution is to manually ajust your headlights by hand, which I have done to get them perfect. There is a white adjustment knob, use a thin flathead screwdriver
and adjust to your liking (with the headlights on).

Good luck!

p.s. when my motors do start to work, they sound terrible so my guess is that the hot engine is thinning out the internal grease inside the headlight motors.

sounds good, I will check them out tomorrow. Did you manually adjust yours all the way up? I hope they can be salvaged. I seems to be one thing after another, now the key fobs stopped working even with new batteries they still don't work?

No not all the way up. Just experimented and drove down the block and adjusted to my liking. I keep the right side pointed higher than left. At 10 or 15 feet from garage door the right is about 6 to 8 inches higher. if you have 2 fobs, buy some more on eBay. you can program them yourself. as long as you can get your existing fobs to work... press really hard to get the existing ones to work for programming? I am still waiting to get to the point where its one thing after another. has been the perfect vehicle for me. Garage queen though except the occasional trip to Lowe's for a 10 foot 2x4.

Back