Adaptive Cruise Control

Matt1147

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Tried searching but couldn't find anything about this. On the 2016 CX-5 I've noticed that the adaptive cruise control picks up slower traffic in other lanes and (briefly) adjusts to their speed accordingly. This occurred in strait a ways and in curves. The service centre claims the system tested ok, they have gone for a road test on their own and claim to be to have not seen the issue, but I was able to recreate the issue once for one of the mechanics. A second dealership said it doubles of off the the lane departure system but doesn't make sense in terms of going through a curve. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Yes, mine occasionally does something similar - Was recently on the freeway and a car ahead of me in the next lane slowed to take an exit, it went as far as applying the brakes to avoid what it perceived as a collision situation.

Ive just put it down as something to be aware of.

Yes, mine occasionally does something similar - Was recently on the freeway and a car ahead of me in the next lane slowed to take an exit, it went as far as applying the brakes to avoid what it perceived as a collision situation.

The first noticeable case was the car it picked up was completely stopped, so my CX-5 reacted accordingly sort of speak. Definitely spooky when you suddenly have the brakes applied heavily!

An FYI, Mazda ended up changing out the lane departure sensor/camera and I found my situation as a whole improved.

This happens to me as well as others. Wonder if anything can be done about this?

This happens to me as well as others. Wonder if anything can be done about this?
You should follow Matt1147 route and talk to Mazda dealer or Mazda North American Operations changing out apparently revised Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) or other parts. I hope Matt1147 can post a copy of the invoice showing what his dealer has done with replacement part numbers listed. I suspect there might be a TSB for this issue somewhere.

An FYI, Mazda ended up changing out the lane departure sensor/camera and I found my situation as a whole improved.

Can you send a photo or a video showing the icons on the the panel at the moment of "on" if they appear in mazda CX-5 with MRCC.

This is a known defect suffered by some cars. Fortunately, my car stays very true to lanes and not once deviated. Dealer should be able to get Corp. US to approve changes.
One thing affected the behavior: Height of the car and wheel alignment!! I remember a case when after wheel alignment adaptive cruise control behaved normally.

Here's a post my form another thread. I've had my 2017 CX5 GT for about six months, and made my first road trip last week. Over a period of two days I made a 2000+ miles trip on mostly 3-lane Interstate highway. Most of the time my MRCC functioned as advertised, but on 5 occasions it shut down on my and applied the brakes at over 70 MPH. The first time it happened I was driving in the far left-hand lane (on a 3-lane Interstate with no one in the same lane ahead of me) and came up to a semi truck/trailer in the middle lane; as I got even with the rear bumper of the trailer the MRCC system did a hard brake and the RPMs dropped to idle. I immediately hit the gas and picked up speed for a few seconds and then hit the resume button and the MRCC started back up. It happened to me three more times over the course of the next few days. The last time it happened to me I was in the far left lane (with no traffic in front of me, nor any in the middle lane ahead of me), when I came up a semi truck/trailer in the far right lane it shut down on me when I got even with the bumper of the trailer. I took it to my dealership and they checked it out and said that the MRCC was functioning properly. I'm sure it functioned properly when they drove it, and I acknowledge that most of the time on this trip it did function properly, but those four incidences had scared the crap out of me; you certainly don't drive along expecting it to happen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine's been relatively perfect for about 6 months now... definitely not normal. I'd escalate with Mazda. Likely a misaligned sensor/camera. I've used mine in a good mix of city and highway driving, with cars on my right and left and I've never experienced what you did.

Back