How to re-attach side mirror backing & glass?

Medic5

:
2013 Mazda2
My original question was "How do I re-attach the mirror and plasting backing to the mirror motors/piston/bearings"

After some guidance from folks here, and my own research, I was able to find an answer! I will post the answer here so that others have the information should they ever need it.

To re-connect the plastic backing of the mirror, you first need to line of the centermost ball joint. Using a towel, apply firm pressure on the center of the mirror until you hear a "pop" sound. Ensure the mirror is connected to the center joint. Next, line up the bottom inner most ball joint, and again using firm pressure and a towel, press until you hear a "pop" sound. Then, move the mirror up and out over the final ball joint, and again apply firm pressure until you hear a pop sound. Ensure the mirror operates as normal.

Last edited:
Thanks! Just couldnt find this anywhere... Although, I did try what the video suggests, but it seems like the white drums just depress too far in for it to connect with each other. I'll let you know how it goes later!

Thank you!

I was able to attach them, but only to the center most joint. I can't get it to lock into the other 2... I'm fairly mechanical, but this is causing me so much confusion lol.

I'm about ready to just throw some epoxy in there and plastic-weld it back together xD

Back