Mazda Dealer had 20 cases of Mobil 1 0W-20

ctbale

Contributor
:
2022 CX9 Tourin
Walked into a Mazda service dept, and walked by the loading dock where the parts trucks leave parts. Saw what looked to me like some body panels, maybe a windshield, bunch of boxes that I would guess had Mazda parts in them (I hope) and guess what else I saw?? Dang-it you cheated and read the title didnt ya?!

About 20 cases of Mobil 1 0W-20

At least they are using the correct weight.

could have been worse I guess

I despise stealer-ships!

Attachments

• da8ecf88-7d6b-4328-a323-9e9e5894d795_1.2cb0a86dc761106bb51bbcdb72e25b60.jpeg
    da8ecf88-7d6b-4328-a323-9e9e5894d795_1.2cb0a86dc761106bb51bbcdb72e25b60.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 275
I do not understand the significance of the original post or this thread. How is this news?
If in regards to Mazda-branded oil, it is not a requirement. Even if it were, this "stealership" may service pre-SkyActiv Mazdas and also other makes.
Very narrow minded.

I do not understand the significance of the original post or this thread. How is this news?
If in regards to Mazda-branded oil, it is not a requirement. Even if it were, this "stealership" may service pre-SkyActiv Mazdas and also other makes.
Very narrow minded.

Sorry, I will try to work on that .....

Mazda Moly is some good stuff, that said Mobil 1 0w20 and many other 0w20 oils work fine with skyactiv engines. Whats most important is to actually change the oil.

BTW, there is evidence on BITOG that Mazda moly 0W20 oil is made by Idemitsu. Idemitsu 0W20 is very close to Mazda formulation. For those of us in Canada, where Mazda Moly oil is not available, Idemitsu is as good alternative. Available from some vendors and on ebay.ca.

BTW, there is evidence on BITOG that Mazda moly 0W20 oil is made by Idemitsu. Idemitsu 0W20 is very close to Mazda formulation. For those of us in Canada, where Mazda Moly oil is not available, Idemitsu is as good alternative. Available from some vendors and on ebay.ca.

I think that name is on the SG1 diff and xfer case oil too?

Yes, the SG1 lube is made by Idemitsu.

Walked into a Mazda service dept, and walked by the loading dock where the parts trucks leave parts. Saw what looked to me like some body panels, maybe a windshield, bunch of boxes that I would guess had Mazda parts in them (I hope) and guess what else I saw?? Dang-it you cheated and read the title didnt ya?!

About 20 cases of Mobil 1 0W-20

At least they are using the correct weight.
could have been worse I guess
I despise stealer-ships!
Most dealers use the cheapest bulk oil they can find. This Mobil 1 is still better than what my dealer uses. My Mazda dealer uses "Preferred Choice" (eek2) 0W-20 oil for standard oil change. Pay only $10 more they'll use Mazda moly oil. Molybdenum compounds not only provide frictional benefits, but also have been shown to decrease Low Speed Pre-Ignition, LSPI, when used at high levels. High calcium content found on many name brand oils promotes LSPI.

Town%252520North%252520Mazda%252520Oil-01_20151215.jpg

There is "evidence" in the fact that Mazda oils all say "manufactured by Idemitsu" on both the bottle and the box it came in.

I didn't mean to sound that harsh, my apologies ctbale. That said, Mobile 1 is fine for this engine. As yrwei52 said, the generic alternatives could be a lot worse.

Back