What ti ckeck before power train warranty expires?

:
CX-5, fwd auto
If anyone has specifics please let me know. I understood reading from this forum, oil leaks, tensioner, but what else if any.
Thanks

Just went to dealer today for my 30000 mile inspection. Asked them when the powertrain warranty ends and they said at 36000.

6c8b4a918c67b18acc9c648bddde8bf0.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just went to dealer today for my 30000 mile inspection. Asked them when the powertrain warranty ends and they said at 36000.

6c8b4a918c67b18acc9c648bddde8bf0.jpg

you should probably find another dealer...powertrain warranty goes to 60k, which by the way, does NOT include the belt tensioner.

Last edited:
you should probably find another dealer...powertrain warranty goes to 60k, which by the way, does NOT include the belt tensioner.
I thought it went to 45. I also purchased my CX-5 preowned that could be why its so low.

If anyone has specifics please let me know. I understood reading from this forum, oil leaks, tensioner, but what else if any.
Thanks

OP is in Canada so warranty may be different than in US.

OP should 1st make a list for bumper to bumper warranty as at least here in the US its 3 years/36k miles.

Powertrain is 5 years/60k.

Swear I read Canada has "lifetime" warranty. Even if you purchased before this went into effect.

Perhaps what you read was an offer from one of the dealers? When I was shopping for our CX-5 one of the dealers here in the states was offering a 'lifetime' powertrain warranty. Lifetime or till the dealer closes it's door, whichever comes first.

Back