Mustard, the yellow P5

Didnt do a whole lot today, kinda a lazy 70 degree day, did manage to take the cluster out and replace the dim and almost burnt out with new spares i had lying around. Now the other things i was curious about. When i rarely have people ride in the backseat they complain of it being squirrelly. What rear suspension components would solve that? Just a sway bar? Also when i was getting rear tires changed, i noticed that there were some clamps on the rear springs, what are those?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Didnt do a whole lot today, kinda a lazy 70 degree day, did manage to take the cluster out and replace the dim and almost burnt out with new spares i had lying around. Now the other things i was curious about. When i rarely have people ride in the backseat they complain of it being squirrelly. What rear suspension components would solve that? Just a sway bar? Also when i was getting rear tires changed, i noticed that there were some clamps on the rear springs, what are those?

Post a pic, there should not be clamps on the springs.

504e9bc6da5126f72dc1479d36059b53.jpg

Not clamps i apologize, but i dont know much about suspension, im pretty sure thats not supposed to be there lol

I'm guessing the original owner was to cheap to replace the struts and added those clamps to fix the sag issue.

Lmao well....i do live an hr south of the country capital of the world.....Nashville..PLENTY of rednecks here lol

You can install them upside down too to lower your car.

They're not a good idea in that they create stress points where they attach and can leave your coils inclined to snap. Even if you remove them, they've been stressed.

You should consider replacing them,.. They're probably all saggy anyway.

The question is, what would work for me....i cant go too low because of getting in and out of driveways and such, i have to keep it somewhat practical for my job.

The question is, what would work for me....i cant go too low because of getting in and out of driveways and such, i have to keep it somewhat practical for my job.

Sounds like you should stay stock. Or maybe tein h-techs.

Munroe sells "quick struts". Springs and struts all together... Original ride quality and real easy to install. (bellows, bumpers, strut mounts, all preassembled)

Last edited:
Hey man! Just came across this thread! You live pretty close to where I frequently visit! I'm in and around Cleveland TN a lot. If you ever need a buddy, let me know!!! 👍

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hey man! Just came across this thread! You live pretty close to where I frequently visit! I'm in and around Cleveland TN a lot. If you ever need a buddy, let me know!!! 👍

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Yea thats why i said something about the TN plates lol yea i could always use more car friends, especially p5 friends!

988657ad56fc1acbeb295c1aefece2ae.jpg

Turbo swap will be here friday, hell yea!!!!
Also got my mazda6 rear wiper in today as well

Old motor mounts cause vibration at idle right?
I'm not sure about that ?? The biggest problem with bad mounts that I remember is wheel hop and even shifting problems.
Some guys put in really stiff aftermarket solid mounts and their car vibrates all the time in any gear at all rpms.
Some guys don't mind the buzz but it drives others crazy.

Well i have bad wheel hop ive noticed, and i do feel vibration through the gear shifter, especially in 5th. Could that be because i installed the short shifter?

Back