Mustard, the yellow P5

Now i could do that, although itll be my first attempt at a fwd tranny, have done many t5 tranny swaps, upgrades and repairs. Plus im sure if want to upgrade my clutch

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I was able to install the main bearing support plate by just loosening all the tranny bolts and pushing the tranny to the side enough to fit a socket to loosen the 2 bolts on the inside.

You want the turbo oil drain to be as high as possible. The drain works with gravity only. If you were to tap the oil pan, that could cause the oil to backup in the drain damaging the turbo seals.

I just want to say thank you to all are helping me. i know im a noob to turbos, all my cars have been n/a until now. I will try to be as less difficult as i can be on all of this.

So i need to buy an engine lift, take the girdle out, take it to a welder and have him fill it in, remove the tranny to put the bearing in...whew, i might as well just buy all forged internals...seems this became a wayyyyy bigger thing than i can handle. I hope i didnt just waste all my money, especially since this is a dominos daily driver

I don't think it's necessary to put a turbo on the car, especially if it's just a daily beater. You can always pick up a running MSP for ~$3k and won't have to worry about installing the turbo.

Yea i know, if i was doing better research i woulda looked for a MSP instead, but found the p5 i have for 2k, and already bought all the turbo setup, plus the ac condenser, radiator etc. Ill get it all installed, i was just thinking that it would be a lil easier to do, just to run coolant, oil lines, and mount the turbo etc. I apologize for my mini freakout lol

And no, its not necessary, but for someone who spends 8+ hours in his car every day, and wants a lil more pep, and a smile on my face, plus after i built my Dart, alot of people in my town kinda "idolize" me, and many, many race me, so this is what i want, it will be done, i am very determined. Honestly my biggest issue is im alone. I dont really have any car friends, especially mazda, so its hard to do it on your own sometimes, especially learning about turbos, and the p5...only have had it a month.

Don't get in a rush, even once it's done it won't be the fastest car. Do you have an MSP ECU? With a basically stock MSP setup you are looking at about 150whp, and you will still have the P5 open diff, not the LSD that comes in the MSP. These days when a regular V8 Mustang or Camaro puts out 450 crank hp 170 really isn't much.

No im not going to rush, and i know, i chose the wrong platform for high hp, but thats not what i want...i drive about 5k a month, and having a high hp gas guzzler wouldnt benefit me at all at my job, thats why i just wanted to put a lil umph in the car, and not sacrifice too much mpg. I wanted a wagon, and it came down to the p5 or a volvo. I will have the ecu, i purchased the whole turbo setup from jpperera, radiator, ac condenser, oil, coolant and ac lines, along with the stock airbox.

You don't have to use the MSP AC condenser, you can keep your stock one. The AC lines and system don't have anything to do with the turbo setup. And if you get an FMIC setup (which I highly recommend, ebay kits work fine) you won't need to use the stock airbox, you can just use an extra piece of pipe and a 2.5" filter to make an SRI. You can also use your stock radiator, I honestly would not mess with the stock MSP SMIC, it is not very efficient. You will also want to find a piggyback AFC like a split second AFC because the stock MSP tune is way too rich. I have put lots of work and money into my MSP and while it is just a few parts away from being a monster (for a Protege) it still can leave a lot to be desired.

Well some of the parts you mentioned he threw in for free, so i wont complain lol but you might be the one to follow, guess i need to read your build thread

Im willing to learn, just have to take the time to. Ive also been working in a unlighted shop, so daytime is the only time i could, but now getting the electric turned on i can do car work regardless day/night, hot/cold.

I have a k&n cai that came on with the car, i assume i wont be using that when i turbo this right?

3991687827a2db59a9ebc08a2e61676e.jpg

bff4f845cd9648868c14302b74c73882.jpg

6b0bfdc4f29c53cf956c29c98a558501.jpg

ef7b7f469e5bd4f83cf43a5a3ae1be3b.jpg

905a8eacdad2167298a0c4fc3337c5fb.jpg

Back