2012 M5 Right side CV joint- automatic transmission IMPOSSIBLE to find???

Nybiomed

:
2012 Mazda5 GT
I cannot find one available anywhere, left side is NO problem- but the right side, is like hens teeth?? I'm getting a terrible clicking sound around corners, especially under acceleration. My mechanic thought it was the drivers side- and indeed replaced it, but the noise is the same => the guy is so awesome he wasn't even going to charge me, nor was it worth it for him to put the old one back in. He said his parts guy will take it back under a warrenty exchange. Nevertheless, I need a right side CV joint/half-shaft....even the one for a manual tranny is readily available, but not for an automatic....I'll even consider a low-mileage used one at this point.

TIA

Rockauto and Amazon show nothing for passenger automatic axles. Yikes. Try the dealer.

*makes a mental note to check CV boots at every opportunity*

Dealer wants something like $600!

YIKES!

It's just strange that the right side, Automatic is so hard to find...and where every other config is $80 bucks or less.
(blarf)

Nope. No one has it except for a dealer....best price I can find online is from Quirk Auto Parts out of South Boston for $432.xx + $17.95 shipping -$85.00 core charge when I ship back the broke one...so about $375 all said and done. Maybe there is a better price out there, but these guys are only 2.5 hrs from me making the return shipping for the core reasonable.Well, I guess that's better than $600 that the local Mazda dealer wanted, just BS that the left side AUTO and the manual ones are available for $75 bucks? Confusing as to why....

Have you look into the Mazda3 forums/groups on this topic? I’m sure someone there must have done both axles.

Are you one who only buy something if it is listed as supported? RE axles, there is something strange with the product catalog for the Mazda5. Look at Cardone.com catalog. They list the axles (both Remain and New) for an automatic trans Left and Right for the 2.0L and 2.5L Mazda3, but NOT the 2.3L!? The 2.0 and 2.5 are the same part and I’ll bet the 2.3 use the same axle. They also have nothing for the Mazda 5!...

You’ll have to take a leap of faith. Once you have a part#, internet is your friend.

https://www.cardone.com/find-parts/vehicle-parts-listing?make=Mazda&model=3&year=2012
Mazda 3 2012
Constant Velocity Drive Axle - A1 CARDONE [Reman.]
Front Left
2.0 Liters and w/A.T. and Exc. SkyActiv Eng. ----60-8175
2.5 Liters and w/A.T. ----60-8175
Front Right
2.0 Liters and w/A.T. and Exc. SkyActiv Eng. ----60-8173
2.5 Liters and w/A.T. ----60-8173

Constant Velocity Drive Axle - CARDONE Select [New]
Front Left
2.0 Liters and Exc. SkyActiv Eng. ----66-8175
2.5 Liters ----66-8175
Front Right
2.0 Liters and w/A.T. and Exc. SkyActiv Eng. ----66-8173
2.5 Liters and w/A.T. ----66-8173

Is cv joint a known problem of this platform?

I had some Japanese cars in early 90s that did that but they were lowered.

Back