How did you choose your interior color?

adktiatn

:
none....yet
Howdy all - I've been doing the fun part of car shopping (cruising the forums for info and test driving) and tomorrow I'm going to go down to the dealer to put my offer on the table - thank you all ahead of time for all the info so far..anyway- Im torn between black/black (looks great) black/sand (looks great) white/black and white/sand....Leaning towards the Black/sand combo, but I have kids between 2-10 and it has me thinking the black/black combo might hold out a little longer before showing its years, does anyone have sand interior with kids? how about black interior with kids?....I'll use this for my daily commute to work, and then around the state hauling hockey bags for practices - the third row will prob be used 10% of the time or less I own the vehicle...so, thoughts on interior color? It will be a GT trim level. Thanks...

Choice is easy for me- always black or dark gray. I just can't stand light colors on the interior.
And my wife would kill the interior if it was any light color.

Thanks Scott - agree, wife has a say here for sure - her suburban is black with Tan and the kids kinda rip it up, BUT..- I didn't really notice on the test drives, but my wife pointed this out form the pictures, the sand interior is just sort of sand for the seats and some trim, but the carpet/roof line is still dark/black - can anyone with sand confirm that and does it hold up ok? Thanks in advance....

I chose dark because I was afraid of kids ruining the seats...But I would probably have chosen a lighter color otherwise. My wife hates the red interior in the signature, that's one of the reasons why I don't have that one.

I found the all-black interior was just a sea of darkness. My wife loved the 2 tone signature. It looks awesome. Not sure if you're looking at the sig, though..,
I recall looking at the sand, and thinking my kids would dirty it up quickly..just a 5 second opinion, no real experience. The sand interior did look great, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all - today I picked up a black GT with sand interior, which is really just sand colored seats and awesome black ceiling and carpet and it looks really sharp - pretty happy with the two tones results - the black on black was very dark (i looked at both at the dealership today) and decided the two tone was my ticket - thanks for all the advice/help, etc. This car drives amazing as you all know - be well

Black on black absorbs more solar heat in the summer. White exterior is also safer since it is easier for other drivers to see you and avoid wrecks.

I was positive I wanted the sand interior till I saw it at the dealer and it already had stains on the driver's seat. Don't get me wrong, it is very elegant in sand but if they can't keep it clean at the dealer, no way I'm going to keep it clean with two active kids and a dog. So I ended up with black.

I chose blue mica for the exterior by process of elimination. I wanted something other than white, silver, or black, I'm not a fan of red cars, and that left gunmetal, blue and titanium. Of those the blue suits me the best. I do wish there were some other lighter colors to choose from though.

I have OCD so as you see it in the pic above is how it is currently. In fact all my cars look like this.

I have a 12 and 18 year old but they are both over 6 feet tall (I'm 6'4") so no baby stains.

Again OCD means no animals as I'm not picking poop up, already did the diaper things when the boys were young.

I had a bunch of choices but to me this was the best looking route.

Having the steering wheel wrapped in a better quality leather than it currently is.

Love this truck, all the LED bulbs everywhere have been changed now. Hope to add the NAVI system in the next few weeks then I'm done.

My wife and I are struggling a bit with the interior color selection.

One thing that bums me out is that the Grand Touring and Signature models have black pillars and roof liner. We've had black leather seats in our last three cars, but all had a light grey pillars and roof liner. When we jumped into a GT with black seats, we thought the dark A-pillar was just a bit distracting when turning your head to look out the side window. And if you're sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row, being surrounded by black seats, sides, and roof makes the cabin seem cramped. We also sat in a Touring model which has a light beige roof liner that matched the sand seats, and that made a big difference in the perception of space. The Touring model definitely felt more open and spacious from the 2nd and 3rd row.

So we're kind of leaning toward sand in the GT to lighten things up, but I'm not sure how the seat color will hold up to kids. Another thing I'm not sure I like about the sand interior is the all-black dash. The black interior has a dark reddish brown upper dash moulding that looks nice.

On a sunny day, direct sunlight on black seats will heat them up to about 150.

I think the flat black dashboard and interior trim is the reason so many people think the air conditioning isn't up to snuff.

Back