Opinions needed. We are about to purchase one of the 3 cars and CX5 is #1

This can be done when Mom is done with the car.
c0aa841e75b3b4a0ed18c809021662f9.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Bagged. Actually mom would be able to adjust the car height to whatever feels best for exit/enter. Airbags so smooth af ride. And also be the coolest mom on the block when she parks and the car is dropped.

2016.5. Not a big deal for me but I can feel the weight on the initial pull upward before the hydraulic struts take over. Think older folks will feel it more.

I also don't feel heat on my back either. It heats up the seat bottom really quick though.

Think that Rogue is a nice choice overall.

I understand. Some things I cannot relate to because of either my youth, or fitness level. When I'm 70, I may feel differently, but then, none of my grandparents had any issues non-injury related well into their 80's. They were farming, building trucks, and gardening all into the 80s. I honestly dunno :/

Bagged. Actually mom would be able to adjust the car height to whatever feels best for exit/enter. Airbags so smooth af ride. And also be the coolest mom on the block when she parks and the car is dropped.

I'd judge her, but I'd also judge her kid that loaned her his ride as a good guy!

Just curious why Mom didn't test drive a 2017 Honda CR-V? I believe CR-V would have been the "perfect" car for her with better reliability record and resale value than Rogue. There's a reason why Honda CR-V has been the best selling compact CUV in the US since 1997.

Too pricey as she needed leather. It went way over the price of the others.

And actually the CRV isn't the best, the RAV4 is.

8) Jeep Patriot (75,405 sales) ...
7) Subaru Forester (95,111 sales) ...
6) Jeep Cherokee (118,103 sales) ...
5) Chevrolet Equinox (143,202 sales) ...
4) Ford Escape (181,638 sales) ...
3) Nissan Rogue (182,181 sales) ...
2) Honda CR-V (195,092 sales) ...
1) Toyota RAV4 (197,771 sales)

Have you taken a look at the Ford Escape? It would have been my next choice down from the Mazda. Much more comfortable seats, a bit softer on the ride, but still has that sporty handling. Excellent turn radius, more features than I believe anything else, different engine options too. I had a 3-hour test drive with it and aside from the cheaper feeling interior compared to the Mazda, I couldn't find much fault with it. Reliability takes a hit vs the Mazda, but the Ford would be more reliable than the Nissan

Too pricey as she needed leather. It went way over the price of the others.

And actually the CRV isn't the best, the RAV4 is.

Wrong
Deduct Rav4 sales to : Hertz National Enterprise Budget Avis and then compare.
Honda sells them their cars at some discount, but Toyota has a fleet sales division that sells in ton to these companies - at HUGE discounts.
Mazda Subaru behave like Honda - Hertz you want 20 CX5s I will give you some discount but not as much as Toyota - When Hertz is done with these cars which they bought at huge discounts they re sell it for ..... huge discounts. Hence 1 -3 year resale is bad (except Rav4 I would say).

That is one reason I stay away from Nissan / Hyundai / Kia - Hyundai and Kia despite the sales do not profit much huh! Nissan is dumping its excess inventory at throwaway prices @ year end - fully loaded sentra for 17K at year end + Nissans treatment of early adopter leaf owners means I will buy a Kia Freaking Soul before a Nissan.
So yes Rav4 has more sales but a good chunk is Fleet sales. Same is for Rogue and Escape. Factor in that Toyota Honda Nissan and Ford dealerships number 5:1 for Mazda - the differences is not that significant.

What I see is Free Market playing its part (your mom deciding best car for her) but dont look at similar Rogue pricing at year end - your heart will sink at the discounts being offered. Also resale sux.

Last edited:

Can you do 3-Wheel motion on bags like on hydraulics?

Opinions needed. We are about to purchase one of the 3 cars and CX5 is #1

... And actually the CRV isn't the best, the RAV4 is.

According to Good Car Bad Car U.S. sales yearly:

Honda CR-VToyota RAV4Nissan RogueMazda CX-5

According to Good Car Bad Car U.S. sales yearly:

Honda CR-VToyota RAV4Nissan RogueMazda CX-5

The rogue went from doubling the CX-5 to tripling its sales. (headshake

Yup. Which reiterates my position that the 2.5T engine wouldn't boost CX5 sales. Nissan's wimpy 170 hp engine and boring vehicle is destroying the CX5 in sales. But it has tons of knick-knacks and doo-dad's to make the masses go "oooooooh and ahhhhhhhh".

G Vectoring (as nice as it might be) doesn't mean s*** to the every day driver. But CarPlay, Android Auto, and sadly 3 row seating is what the masses prioritize.

Yup. Which reiterates my position that the 2.5T engine wouldn't boost CX5 sales. Nissan's wimpy 170 hp engine and boring vehicle is destroying the CX5 in sales. But it has tons of knick-knacks and doo-dad's to make the masses go "oooooooh and ahhhhhhhh".

G Vectoring (as nice as it might be) doesn't mean s*** to the every day driver. But CarPlay, Android Auto, and sadly 3 row seating is what the masses prioritize.

Too bad the CX-5 don't have these tracks. Sucks having a small R/D.

The Rogue is just a good, quiet and softly sprung A to B car with a roomy interior. It's also cheap. Take a look at the engine components and you will see. It also requires 60k miles valve inspections if I remember correctly.

The Rogue is just a good, quiet and softly sprung A to B car with a roomy interior. It's also cheap. Take a look at the engine components and you will see. It also requires 60k miles valve inspections if I remember correctly.

Same engine as our 2013 Altima, and valve inspections is not part of it. Also, you will be surprised, it handles pretty close to the CX-5 but less punishing. I believe they changed the suspension on the update for 2017.

Same engine as our 2013 Altima, and valve inspections is not part of it. Also, you will be surprised, it handles pretty close to the CX-5 but less punishing. I believe they changed the suspension on the update for 2017.

Never been a fan of Nissan interiors but the new 2017 model's interior actually looks pretty good. I don't like clutter or unnecessary bulk. I prefer the Spartan look yet with sleek ergonomic buttons and switches.

Yep. But Mazda doesn't care about sales, really. They care about "the driving experience", so the 2.5T could still happen?

Never been a fan of Nissan interiors but the new 2017 model's interior actually looks pretty good. I don't like clutter or unnecessary bulk. I prefer the Spartan look yet with sleek ergonomic buttons and switches.

Nissan can build an interior. Here is my 2012 370Z:

egr3o4.jpg

Live color weather radar, a proper NAV system with traffic updates and re-routing, and it didn't need my damn cell-phone to play things other than AM/FM, lol! Everything fell easily to the driver's hand, although if you're anti-bulk (and I agree on this following...), the pod gauges could have been incorporated into the dash. A holographic HUD system would have also been nice. That was the one interior feature my Z06 had that I missed when I went to the 370Z. The rest of the Z was a complete step up, even from the 3LZ Z06's (although I had a 1LZ, because THAT was about driving...)

And a power lift gate, don't forget about that. (eyeballs)

Back