clads01

:
2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray
Don't think it'll come to the US market, but very cool:

tas2017_gallery_cx-5_custom_01.ts.1612160234062200.jpg

tas2017_gallery_cx-5_custom_02.ts.1612160234061270.jpg

Pics from Mazda Japan website, here:

http://www.mazda.co.jp/beadriver/event/autosalon2017/cars/cx-5-custom/

Also, greetings to the CX-5 forum as I'm planning on picking one up soon. Still not sure whether to wait for the 2017s or go with the 2016.5. What I am sure of is that my 2003.5 Protege5 is on its last legs ...

2017 is a stunner. Perhaps the biggest leap in looks for any car between year models.

Like I've been saying all along....the 2017 model benefits a lot with just even a simple lip kit.

new Mazda CX-5 will be available in Soul Red Crystal, Machine Grey Premium Metallic, Jet Black Mica, Titanium Flash Mica, Sonic Silver Metallic, Deep Crystal Blue Mica, Eternal Blue Mica and Snowflake White Pearl Mica

Has anyone asked or heard anything from Mazda NA about this? I just saw this on Friday and sent an email to Mazda NA...I expect I will get nothing helpful in return.

If not coming to the US, do we know that this is a kit that will be available in Japan and could be imported? Or is it strictly a concept tease?

Adjustable suspension aside its really just an aero kit which they offer for the 3 and the 6 and some nice wheels. I know they often release sexy photos of badass "concepts" like this and never give us anything but this one seems like a really easy to offer bolt-on kit compared to those cool SEMA CX5s they had when it was originally released which featured unrealistic wheel sizes, vinyl wraps, and I think fender flares?

IMO it dramatically improves the appearance of the 2017 CX5. I think the OEM 2017 wheels are god awful and the overall look needs a little something. The wheels in this custom style kit are perfect and the lip kit is just right too IMO. It would be so little work for them to offer a "mazdaspeed appearance package" with these parts and maybe a racing beat suspension that aligns the ride height with what is pictured here.

I am in the market for a car right now and the exterior of the 2017 is keeping me from considering it while the 2016's interior not being quite as nice as the 6/3 (or 2017 CX5) are making that a tough sell.

I ordered last Thursday my new 2017 CX-5.
Just like the current one in White Pearl Mica, the new red and grey colours are very nice.
But way to expansive !
So it will be the white one with a set of black wheels, which i am looking for just now.

in looking at this more closely, and at the japan accessories site...the trim pieces are really basic. They only add the small strip of chrome detail to the existing skirts/valences. So this custom concept ride is really just nice wheels, a slight drop, and those little chrome details?

Back