New transmission @ 35k miles

I never said that the dealer went ahead by themselves and replaced the tranny without Mazda's authorization. Of course they justified the reason for replacement and got paid. What do you think, they require an engineering delegation to come down from Japan to investigate the issue? There's certain process, a paperwork to be filed, and that's it.
Things I saw done under warranty...

From own experience, that kind of thing is authorized by corporate. Likely the trans is going to be sent somewhere or locally inspected to make sure there isn't some underlying design issue.

Replacement transmissions are new, not rebuilt.

Are you sure about that? What do they do with the old ones that have relatively minor issues that a dealer can't handle but a facility properly equipped can fix? Scrapping seems costly.

Not 100% sure, but knowing how manufacturers operate in general these days, there's not enough volume in something like this to contract with a rebuilder. Plus, Mazda would not have sufficient control over quality on an important component such as this.

It might. Then this inspection is not free either. It is cheaper for the Corp to authorize without any investigation, particularly if the dealer is in good books.
I've personally seen engine replacement (no oil on dipstick), dead battery (door not closed), and transmission replacement (too much fun in the mud). GM dealer. Lots more of minor things. You can call it taking care of the customer, if you wish... Paid by GM regardless.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

Back