Michelin Premier LTX now available for our cars on a 17" rim 225/65R17

Tried to purchase these today at Costco considering they have the $70 rebate on Michelin tires right now. They are on an (upto) 8 week back order. I called the other 2 Costco's in my area and they collectively have 1 of these tires in stock. Good luck trying to get them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to purchase these today at Costco considering they have the $70 rebate on Michelin tires right now. They are on an (upto) 8 week back order. I called the other 2 Costco's in my area and they collectively have 1 of these tires in stock. Good luck trying to get them!

there is always tire rack, but costco might be cheaper. wonder if you could just buy them now, get the rebate and get them when they come off backorder. the rebates at costco cycle between bridgestone then michelins every 60 days, so a few month wait might work out. I put these Premier LTX tires on my 2013 focus, darn nice tires!!! spoiled me, cant deal with crappy tires anymore!

I have them on my 16.5 Touring. Absolutely love them. Very good snow traction as well.

They already told me the Michelin deal will be on through feb. And he said he could give me a 30 day raincheck at the end of feb for the deal. But I'm at the point where I need new tires asap. Those continental truecontacts are looking appetizing right now.

They already told me the Michelin deal will be on through feb. And he said he could give me a 30 day raincheck at the end of feb for the deal. But I'm at the point where I need new tires asap. Those continental truecontacts are looking appetizing right now.
Try General AltiMAX RT43 tire which is highly recommended by forum members and the price is lower. One major weak point on Continental TrueContact is it's only a T rated tire, not H rated like the OE Yokohama Geolandar G91A.

I can vouch for the generals, after reading yrwei52s posts, I had my tire dealer put them on my dads 16 year old lexus. his tires were bad! So far they ride nice! outstanding traction in the snow. no vibrations at all. When I found out firestone was going to give me a refund on my destination LE2s, I was considering the cross contact and the true contacts Both the tire store I now go to and tirerack rep said the true contact is more of a car tire. Cross contact would be a better match for a CUV. My tire store guy said they have had ride issues with the true contact. after dealing with my destinations, I said screw that! Both places said the pirelli scorpion verde plus would be the best tire. So far the pirelli tires have been silent, vib free and good traction in snow. I have the Destinations on my Element and Ford ranger, they ride perfect, so I think I got a bad set on my cx5. You can call tirerack and they give good advice. But now I know the premier LTX are avail, those would be #1 choice.

Finally got the Michelin's ordered from my Costco. Still gonna be a week wait, but that's ok. Total came to $661 installed (they're having the $70 instant rebate off 4 right now)

Just put these tires on my CX-5, they replaced a set of Bridgestone Dueler, which replaced the original Toyo's. Hated the Duelers. Just terrible tires that ruined the handling of the car. Will be interesting to see if these are any different.

Discount Tire and Costco both running $70 rebate promotion on these this week

So, these tires are very nice. Very quiet and handle well. I had to use 40 PSI to make the Duelers feel OK but these feel great at 36 PSI. Recommended.

Considering these vs Continental CrossContacts. I wonder about treadwear though. Need them to last a while, and reading general reviews about Michelin tires it seems they tend to under perform on this area.

Considering these vs Continental CrossContacts. I wonder about treadwear though. Need them to last a while, and reading general reviews about Michelin tires it seems they tend to under perform on this area.

That is a worry. We also had michelins on my wife's mini-van and she would only get about 30K miles on a 60K tire. The good news is that Costco would pro-rate the tires which made new tires cheaper.

My wife would get them rotated as costco and they would also point out if the tires were worn. Often, she would get a two new tires for $150 - which I never thought was a bad deal.

Michelin should replace them outright if they don't make it to the warranty period. Of course there are other reasons for excessive tire wear that can be told by the wear pattern - underinflation, cupping caused by bad struts... these wouldn't be covered.

Michelin should replace them outright if they don't make it to the warranty period. Of course there are other reasons for excessive tire wear that can be told by the wear pattern - underinflation, cupping caused by bad struts... these wouldn't be covered.

You would think so but they would not. They just pro-rate them and Costco still lets you get money off them.

You would think so but they would not. They just pro-rate them and Costco still lets you get money off them.
Discount Tire also gives you prorated credit for mileages didn't reach for mileage warranty, no questions asked. I've never seen any tire companies would give you a full credit under this situation.

I had Michelin tires on my VW Passat developed dry rot on the sidewall within 3 years but very few miles. Michelin refused to replace them as they insisted the tires are safe! (boom06)

Having the 19's I ordered from tire rack put on today at the dealer.

Back