SiriusXM playback ?

LarryB78

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech
In my '09 3 I was able to pause whatever I was listening to on Sirius & then resume from that point when ready and/or rewind if I wanted to hear something again, this was super convenient in the event of a phone call while driving. In my CX-5 I am not seeing this functionality anywhere in the infotainment system - granted in the '09 I didn't have in car bluetooth and that getting a call through the system might interfere with this capability but i'm wondering if this feature is anywhere to be found? Thanks

absolutely exists, the freestanding devices all do it and as i said in my '09 I had the ability to pause/rewind as much as I wanted unless the channel was changed in which case the memory was lost...pretty sure i could rewind in the galant I had before that but that was an aftermarket alpine deck & i honestly don't remember

I guess the pause would be good to have at times but the other stuff is too fiddly and possibly distracting. IMO

In my '09 3 I was able to pause whatever I was listening to on Sirius & then resume from that point when ready and/or rewind if I wanted to hear something again, this was super convenient in the event of a phone call while driving. In my CX-5 I am not seeing this functionality anywhere in the infotainment system - granted in the '09 I didn't have in car bluetooth and that getting a call through the system might interfere with this capability but i'm wondering if this feature is anywhere to be found? Thanks

This feature is available in our 2015, you can pause playback which is very handy.

Larry,

Do you not understand how a system capable of pausing and rewinding SiriusXM works? There's no way for this thing to pause/rewind without some sort of memory to hold the audio file. The SiriusXM signal doesn't stop and restart when asked to do so, it's similar to an FM signal in this regard. The data has to be stored somewhere, either in a solid state memory device or a hard drive of some type. This is hardware not software.

The head unit that comes with the 2016.5 CX-5 does not have this capability, no matter what the software version is.

This feature is available in our 2015, you can pause playback which is very handy.
My 2015 also has this feature. I have paused it for about 5 minutes with no problems. You can also rewind and fast forward if you pause or rewind first . The controls are on screen.

I have been trying to get this functionality back. I had it in my 2010 mazda3 but it is not found on my 2015. Can somebody tell me if I am missing where it is located? I really miss this memory feature.

I have been trying to get this functionality back. I had it in my 2010 mazda3 but it is not found on my 2015. Can somebody tell me if I am missing where it is located? I really miss this memory feature.

no such luck as of yet - the only thing i can think of is that my '09 mazda3 had a sirius branded radio whereas the '16.5 cx-5 it's an xm branded one...not sure how or why this would make a difference unless their satellites have different features

Larry,

Do you not understand how a system capable of pausing and rewinding SiriusXM works? There's no way for this thing to pause/rewind without some sort of memory to hold the audio file. The SiriusXM signal doesn't stop and restart when asked to do so, it's similar to an FM signal in this regard. The data has to be stored somewhere, either in a solid state memory device or a hard drive of some type. This is hardware not software.

The head unit that comes with the 2016.5 CX-5 does not have this capability, no matter what the software version is.

The head unit does have the ability to read and write to USB and SD cards. Technically speaking, this feature could be implemented through a software update. Whether or not that will happen is a different question.

Back