All Season Tire Recommendation

Update: Ended up getting winter shoes! Better late than never. Purchased a set of stock size (205/55R16) Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7's. Mounted on 16" OEM Mazda6 steel wheels today. Too early to tell how these tires are -- based on what I read about Hakkas should awesome -- but hopefully my next A/S tire purchase will be postponed by a few years! (Really looking forward to some snow fall...)
2017-02-08 17.56.50.jpg

Last edited:
After wearing out the stock Toyo's in about 20k miles, I switched to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/50 R17's. These continental's, 2 sets of them each lasted 20 - 25 K about the same as the stock Toyo's, but were FAR superior in terms of traction and handling. I have Just switched at 65K miles to the BF Goodrich Comp A/S tires. After about 3k Miles on these, I have the following observations. The handle much better than the Conti's. They provide more cornering grip and have a better connected feel to the road overall. The other side of this coin is that they have a harder ride and the tire noise is significantly louder than either the Toyo's or the Conti's. If you like performance then the BFG A/S are great, but rough roads get irritating quickly and I am looking into sound deadening because I am tired of listening to the rain water get pumped up into the wheel wells.

Back