What 16" steel wheels would fit a 2015 6?

Jimal

:
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
We're picking up a CPO MAZDA6 Grand Touring at the end of the month to replace the Passat TDI (that I traded my MS3 for a few years ago) that we are returning to Volkswagen. I have a set of barely used 16" snows that are currently on the Passat that I'd like to repurpose on the 6. I see Tire Rack offers a 16" package for the 6, but after looking at a couple online Mazda parts providers, I'm assuming the 16" wheel used for this application comes from something else, like a 3. What should I be crossreferencing from/to?

Eh... unless you went over stock size with the Passat's winter package, they'll be smaller than you want for the 6. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in your cross-reference question. Yeah, a 16" steel wheel that you'd get from a Mazda dealer is the same wheel they'd use on a base 3 or older base CX-3, but at the end of the day, the biggest consideration is simply whether it fits. If you're trying to shop across brands, a set of take-offs from a Toyota Camry or RAV4 would probably be your best bet.

Eh... unless you went over stock size with the Passat's winter package, they'll be smaller than you want for the 6. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker, but it's something to keep in mind.

The stock (summer) tires on the Passat are 215/55 R17. The winter tires are 215/60 R16. Tire Rack lists a 225/60 R16 as a -3 winter wheel and tire package option. The 215s are probably 1/2" smaller in diameter, which I will need to take into consideration.

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in your cross-reference question. Yeah, a 16" steel wheel that you'd get from a Mazda dealer is the same wheel they'd use on a base 3 or older base CX-3, but at the end of the day, the biggest consideration is simply whether it fits. If you're trying to shop across brands, a set of take-offs from a Toyota Camry or RAV4 would probably be your best bet.

Older 3 or a CX-3. Got it. Thanks.

UPDATE
I ended up getting new 225/60 R16 winter wheel and tire package from Tire Rack and selling the Passat package.

Back