Grif's White P5

been pretty busy with work and school s*** but anyway
threw on some mazda 3 wheels. ordered another set of rallyarmor mud flaps so ill put those on once they get here.
14u96k3.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin real good

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

thanks!

What kind of visors are those? They look good but I like The way the weathertech looks sleeker. They're smaller but sleeker.

they're by some peeps called tuningpros on amazon. basically some cheap crap but it works fine. i've been meaning to switch over to weathertech ones bc i prefer the smaller sleeker look as well.

greetings lol
been busy w/ work/school/rl s***

got an alignment/recon, new delrin shift knob, plastidipped wheels black.. haven't done much, planning to do more once school ends
snh3dv.jpg

rip lip

Last edited:
Other than ebay/dealer/this forum, is there any other place that sells roof racks for our cars? Or at least the roof rack covers that go on each end.. I'm missing those caps.

They are easy to find but hard to get since they ALWAYS break when you remove them, unless you find a P5 that has been kept out of the sun.

I had the parts guy at my local Mazda dealer try to track down a roof rack for me about five years ago.
He checked every warehouse in North America (and Japan too I think) and couldn't find anything anywhere.

I would be afraid to know what a new roof rack would cost from the dealer. You can still get the delete caps new.

Thanks for replies guys. Really would like roof racks as I do surf a lot.. but shoot I might opt to get the delete strips and get different racks to throw on.

I would be afraid to know what a new roof rack would cost from the dealer. You can still get the delete caps new.
Do they sell them via dealer? Or maybe the delete strips?

They sell both the delete caps and strips through the dealer, but they are expensive. If you get lucky you can find some 03 rack delete strips at a junkyard or on the forum.

If you get the strips you can install an aftermarket rack, the delete caps retain the factory rack rails and you wouldn't be able to fit an aftermarket rack on the roof.

If you get the strips you can install an aftermarket rack, the delete caps retain the factory rack rails and you wouldn't be able to fit an aftermarket rack on the roof.

The delete strips leave a groove for the roof rack to hook into.
My racks are by "SportRack" but don't look very nice. Thule may look better.

IMG_20170926_121837.jpg

1 year bump muaha.

recently changed trans fluid, oil, cleaned engine bay.. thought id revive myself and start getting back into modding it after being so busy with school, work and travelling.

plans off the top of my head this moment:
tires (at 205/55R16 rn, looking at 205/50R16's)
motor mounts (awr? or hydramotorsports)
end links (moog?)
struts (what's a good brand paired with tein s-techs?)
rear sway bar
weathertech rain deflectors (gotta get rid of this cheap ebay crap)
mazdaspeed lip
mazdaspeed tail lights
k&n air filter

i still have yet to get a roof rack haha, well more specifically the cover caps. it looks ridiculous without the caps.
shifter is loose, want to fix that.
want to buy a new front bumper.
clutch slips at times? not sure, once or twice a week usually while going from 4th to 5th. rpms shoot up while slowly pushing on the gas after i shift. hrm.
also need to remove spacers as i'm getting quite sick of rubbing while having more than two people in the car. me being an idiot i cut the original studs to make clearance in the back of the rim after fitting bolt on spacers. some hexes are rounded so that's gonna be quite fun to do...

i'll start supplying some pictures once i hit some order buttons. have a nice day.

ordered corksport bronzeoil bushings and 3rd link kit, moog front end links, 20 studs (replacing the cut studs when using bolt on spacers). some of the spacer nut hexes are rounded and i cant get a hold on it to remove them. could only remove one of them today, might swing by sears and look for a nut extractor or something.

mrSw68X.jpg

installed the corksport bushings and 3rd link kit today and wow... i always thought people overhyped this mod but it completely eliminated any and all shifter play; s*** feels like an entirely different car!
end links get here on tuesday. taking my car into a shop tomorrow to have the spacers removed and all wheel studs replaced (dorman). they quoted me $200-$250.. not too bad. i'm sick of dealing with rounded hexes and don't feel like doing all the wheel studs myself.

after that i'm looking at tires, roof rack, and finally repairing the damage on my front bumper.

Back