In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Grif's White P5

Registered Member

lolmsp

buy and keep the turbo kit. install the headers for now. when you pick up a second car, boost the p5
    03 MSP, 03 P5

2002 mazda protege 5

Is your car burning any oil ?
    It's really common with our engine.
    The Diagram Dude

Donated: $8.08

'02 P5

@323
    considered that, since it's such a steal of a price. Plus he's on a different island rather than continental US so shipping would be nothing.

@pcb
    not that I know of, I haven't had any problems with that.

But saw this when I got off work today... no note left either.
    Buffed right out though, just a small scratch left. I took more time popping the fender back in lol
    Peep the orange peel on the lip > still mad about that. Never going to maaco again.

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by grffn View Post
    Thanks for all the information guys, very much appreciated. I think it persuaded me to hold off on that mount for the time being; will likely be used as a paper weight until then.
    But... guess what arrived in the mail today >
    How much was the total in the end? I've been thinking about doing this myself.
    2002 Mazda Protege5 Pure White

MP3 Flashed ECU | Mishimoto Radiator/Shroud | MS Door Sills & Shift Knob | OBX Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings | Goodridge SS Brake Lines | CorkSport 3rd Link Mod | MPV Wiper Stalk & Tribute Nozzles | S2K Antenna | Cabin Air Filter Mod | AWR Front Motor Mount 77 Duro | 205/55R16 Kumho Ecsta 4XII on 03 P5 Wheels

'02 P5

Quote Originally Posted by stormkyori View Post
    How much was the total in the end? I've been thinking about doing this myself.
    i'm thinking you meant the exhaust; was $380 shipped via CR3 motorsports. Got here in 2 days.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'02 P5

Currently purchased and on the way:
    BC coilovers
    Leather seat skins
    Headers

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Hot damn, those Coilovers are going to be sweet! Negating the excessive dipping and bobbing makes for a more efficient corner-carver.

Getcha some high performance tires too!
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX 4-1 Headers ■ MP3 ECU ■ VTCS-less Intake Manifold ■ Mishimoto Aluminum Racing Radiator + Fan Shroud
    ■ AWR Trailing Arms

'02 P5

@Riot_Polizei I got some toyos on right now, but they sit pretty tall at 205 55.. gonna get some new wheels with tires that'll get me a bigger drop haha.

Coilovers are in, also installed the cf window switches. Thanks @NaturalFlavored !
    Just a pic of the engine bay atm and the switches.
    Picking up the headers tonight, leather interior should arrive this week then I'll get a bunch of pics going!

Registered Member STudMUffin1177's Avatar

Mazda protege5

Hey man if your gunna do your header I would start soaking your EGR pipe in some penetrating oil. I just installed a 4-1 I got from NaturalFlavored, I ended up cutting mine off and putting a breather filter on. I'm loving your engine bay btw, super clean build man

Registered Member

lolmsp

yeah those 205/55's aren't going to give you that much of a drop lol. these proteges sit high even when lowered. kind of works out when you're lazy though. i like my 215/40/17's.

Last edited by 323; 07-01-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

If you're on 16" wheels, you could probably bring the profile down to 45 or 50 for some additional lowering. That's for the next set of tires, though :^)

Everything's looking good!

'02 P5

yeah won't be doing any additional lowering until i find a new set of wheels

'02 P5

Aaaand they're in. Sounds a bit raspier than I'd like moving in lower rpms, will see how they are on the freeway.
    Found out they're Manzo headers too.
    Half my leather interior arrived, waiting on the second package which has the headrests/rest of rear seat skins.
    Also had an intermittent starting problem going on, swapped out the ignition switch so we'll see.
    It starts up most of the time, but at some random times it clicks and that's it; have to keep turning it until it cranks up.

Also got a squeaking noise coming from front driver wheel, usually when moving after parked. Squeals for first few seconds then it's gone. Not the belt btw!
    Will have to look at it sometime. Got some new wheels coming in next week 17x7 +38
    Likely throwing on 215/45's on them.

Registered Member

lolmsp

hey, there are these tabs on your front fenders that hold in clips for the fender liner. they're toward the front of the car. you should press those in with your hands to make more space. when i ran 215/45/17 on my 17x7 +40's, my tire caught that tab and ripped it downward. i bent it back after that but definitely mess up my fender a bit and i'm positive it would make you or anyone else unhappy. the 215/45/17 kept rubbing and that's the reason i switched to 215/40/17. it was time to get new tires anyway so ultimately it worked out.

pic of 215/45 and before my tire caught said tab. was also running -1.5 camber at the time.

pic of 215/40. hard to see in the picture but it's the best picture i got of it. sometimes it bugs me but i'm over it

'02 P5

@323
    thanks. I've been considering 215 40 but i'm worried about curbing the wheels. Might just get em to avoid rubbing. Wanting to drop a bit lower too..

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast