Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 808 Budget Daily Wago

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Be ready for 3-wheel-motion entering angled driveways. One of the rear wheels comes off the ground depending on which way you're turning. Might be a lowered thing. Mine = 1.5 lower all around............

'02 P5

sorry, real life happened.
    here's some pics in the mean time :^)

'02 P5

Bought a Ralco RZ STS from ebay.. didn't work out so well on installation.
    I have a persistent rattling noise while driving around, coming from the shifter. Not sure if it's those plastic cups or the rubber boot on the lever. Trying to find part names or numbers for it but no luck.
    So I decided to go back to the stock shift lever and it only rattles on occasion, not loud just slightly annoying. Throughout this process I tightened everything up underneath, and opted to remove the heat shield under the shift links lol.
    I just won't park on any tall dry grass. But tightening everything up seemed to lessen the noise on the stock shifter. It's been happening for a few months now and it was something I wanted to tackle.

Also got AWR transmission & passenger side mounts. Haven't gotten to them yet, waiting for the front mount from Hydramotorsports to come in.
    Sway bar and wheels are at the front of discussion, but I want to work on the appearance now. Did a lot underneath already..

Also, does anybody know if I'm able to change the thread title?

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

lolmsp

that bracket on the driver side trans mount where the clutch line goes, it didn't allow me to use the original clip to secure it. i just zip tied it. can snap a pic for you if you want, let me know
    03 MSP, 03 P5

'02 P5

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    that bracket on the driver side trans mount where the clutch line goes, it didn't allow me to use the original clip to secure it. i just zip tied it. can snap a pic for you if you want, let me know
    ah it's all good, i ended up zip tying it as well.
    easy and straightforward installation. i just love how different and solid the car feels now, it feels like i'm driving a different car. totally makes up for the vibrations but i'm sure it'll settle more in time.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'02 P5

Sedan headlights are in.
    It got dark when I finished so I'll post an updated pic of how it looks later.

Fabricated my own brackets so I can use my H7 HID's.

Also scooped up a used Manzo STS for $30 in hopes that it wouldn't rattle, plus it had it's own "cup bushings" so that's what had me sold. It has slight play in it and you can't hear the light rattle unless you're really trying to hear it, so I went back to the stock shifter bc there's absolutely no play or rattle in it.. now I have two sitting around.

Shift boot was tearing so I got a cheap "Bride" boot lol.

Here's a pic from this past wknd.

Trying to only post when I have pics to upload.

Registered Member

lolmsp

looks good. you're going to want to fabricate a shield too on your hid bulb or you're going to blind everyone in the sedan housing. the top shield work better (and is only $20 from amazon, bulbs and harness from hidwarehouse).

'02 P5

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    looks good. you're going to want to fabricate a shield too on your hid bulb or you're going to blind everyone in the sedan housing. the top shield work better (and is only $20 from amazon, bulbs and harness from hidwarehouse).

just like w/ the p5 headlights i aimed them directly at the ground. haven't got flashed or anything w the p5 lights so we'll see how these go.
    i'd like to either to back to stock bulbs or retrofit projectors. i didn't want to be 'that guy' but it was a temporary solution bc of the wiring differences haha.
    when i installed these i was in hopes of foregoing the HID's altogether lol.

'02 P5

Scooped these up on craigslist for $40

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by grffn View Post
    Scooped these up on craigslist for $40
    A steal! How do they feel?
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX Short Shifter ■ OBX 4-1 Headers

'02 P5

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    A steal! How do they feel?
    They feel good esp having a larger gas pedal.. I think my favorite thing is being able to see them down below whenever I get in/drive haha

Looks great. Easier heel-toe-shifting as well.
    02 Protege 5
    Suspension:
    BC Coilovers; AWR endlinks; GT Spec front 4 point ladder bar; GT Spec rear V-Brace; GT Spec reinforcement panel; GT Spec rear strut bar; AWR trailing arms; Modded factory rear sway bar.

Performance:
    MP3 ECU (not flashed); Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley; JDM MS flywheel (16lbs); Stock Air Box Mod with K&N drop in panel filter; 1sty Grounding Kit; TB Coolant Bypass Mod; 03 MSP Rear Axleback

Interior:
    Kartboy Short Shifter with Kartboy Bushings; DGM CF Gauge Bezel; DGM CF passenger side dash cover; Wink 5 Panel Mirror; CF Shiftknob; Red Accent Lights; Super Bright LED's in the Gauge Cluster.

'02 P5

Installed:
    Red LED cluster swap
    Dome light LED swap
    Swapped back to regular H7 bulbs from HIDs
    Corksport adjustable weighted shift knob
    Mint condition side mouldings to replace dirt stained ones (@Coker)
    Paint touch-up/rear emblems replaced

Ordered:
    AWR rear sway bar
    Roof rail delete strips (@Jperera)
    Weathertech wind deflectors (F & R)
    Hydra front bumper sap kit
    OEM trunk cargo cover

Future plans (in no specific order):
    Replace/fix front bumper
    Fix dent on rear passenger door
    Change belts/waterpump (parts sitting)
    Paint valve cover (black wrinkle?)
    Replace radiator & radiator support (Mishimoto?; support is bent)
    New wheels (leaning on 16x7 RPF1's)
    Bucket seats?
    Double din/sub woofer
    Exhaust/headers
    AWR trailing arms
    Coilovers (BC?)

While installing the sedan headlights, I've found that the front end damage was worse than I thought. Haven't previously ever taken off the front bumper; come to find out the whole radiator support is smashed in.
    Not too bad, bent it back a bit so that the bumper/headlights sit a bit more flush with the body. Might try to find one at a junkyard to swap in.

Pics real soon
    Last edited by grffn; 03-12-2019 at 09:43 AM.

'02 P5

Finally got a hold of a msp lip w/ fog deletes last night, so stoked.
    Just gotta do some sanding/primer/paint/etc and the P5 will be another step closer to what I had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by grffn View Post

Shift boot was tearing so I got a cheap "Bride" boot lol.
    haha! Got the same one since mine ripped as well. They seem to match the interior pretty well imo.
    Last edited by o.g.sk8er; 03-19-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011