Grif's White P5

Man those rack delete slips are nice! Have they cut down on wind noise and turbulence by much? After that, you should delete the door moldings for an extra-sleek look. I would do it myself, but I noticed that the previous owner did not get the car painted underneath those. It would look hideous, and would require me to get a respray...

How did you go about cleaning your transaxle bellhousing? Some day, I want to pressure wash my engine bay and clean it up nicely.

...so I ended up selling them to a friend for a few hundred bucks. He got a great deal and I collected a few hundred bucks as well.

Oh man how I wish that was me lol

I could certainly go for some aftermarket suspension sometime. All my little chassis reinforcement stuff is sharpening up the car's handling well for the Time Attack, but the dipping and diving still disturbs the balance of the car enough to make me compensate. For instance, If I'm left-foot braking along a fast sweep, I must be super gradual with letting off the brakes, or else the weight shift seemingly "bounces" from the front, to the rear, and then towards the middle. It's subtle in actuality, but enough to cause microslips within the front tires.

coming along real good. bronze wheels is good. bronze anything is good lol
Bronze. Nice. Bronze RPF1's, nice x2.
When you do get the bc's, leave them alone until you actually install them and you'll have no weird noises or issues. I cant tell you how many people I've seen play around (using the spanner wrench on the collars just to see it spin...ugh...) with them prior to installing them. Then they have some weird problem. The preload will get all messed up. Just leave them as is, then if you need to adjust anything, do it after they are installed. Leave the preload alone. Adjust the height all you want, but not the preload. Trust me on this. Mine have never given me any issues from not touching the preload, knock on wood lol.
The install is super easy too.

Hell yeah, I've been imagining bronze wheel on my P5 since I got it. I think this year it's time to quit slacking and pull the gun lol.

Thanks for the tips, actually some very helpful info.
I*ve seen a few comments while browsing info on them on google about leaving it be. Now that I see it here, definitely will do that.
This will be my first time ever having coilovers once I order them. I*ve always went with lowering springs on my cars, so I*m pretty stoked.. but my bank account isn*t. Will wait a bit til the account is comfy, maybe this summer.

"Cool story bro" time about when I got my bc's.
I purchased them from a retailer in Florida. I installed them, and a few weeks later, I come home to see a big box on porch. Its ANOTHER set of bc's! So, I call the retailer and let him know I have received a second set. He said he would send me a shipping label and notify UPS to come pick them up. A month goes by and nothing. I call again. They say they will send the label over. Nothing lol. Six months goes by and they are not answering phone calls and will not answer my emails. Turns out the place went out of business. So I have a second set of coilovers now. I tried and tried to return them honestly several times. Being they were out of business and I could not return them, so I ended up selling them to a friend for a few hundred bucks. He got a great deal and I collected a few hundred bucks as well.

You*ve lucked out. +respect for being good guy gavin. Hell of a steal for your friend too.
Often when businesses close, they lose inventory and seldom care much about it xD I think they*re just trying to rid it all.

all good tips. i didn't have noises from my bc's either. in case you decide to prank yourself and mess up your preload lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfaGVxCD6A

Sweet! Noted, thanks for the link :D

Man those rack delete slips are nice! Have they cut down on wind noise and turbulence by much? After that, you should delete the door moldings for an extra-sleek look. I would do it myself, but I noticed that the previous owner did not get the car painted underneath those. It would look hideous, and would require me to get a respray...
How did you go about cleaning your transaxle bellhousing? Some day, I want to pressure wash my engine bay and clean it up nicely.
Oh man how I wish that was me lol
I could certainly go for some aftermarket suspension sometime. All my little chassis reinforcement stuff is sharpening up the car's handling well for the Time Attack, but the dipping and diving still disturbs the balance of the car enough to make me compensate. For instance, If I'm left-foot braking along a fast sweep, I must be super gradual with letting off the brakes, or else the weight shift seemingly "bounces" from the front, to the rear, and then towards the middle. It's subtle in actuality, but enough to cause microslips within the front tires.

I honestly haven*t noticed a difference, I simply did it for the look and plus my rack plastic was cracking and falling apart :p

I*d love to delete the door moldings, but I*m in the same boat as you. Underneath it some of the paint has been chipped off or simply gone. I*d have to respray it so I*ll just keep it on for the time being *

I used these wipes believe it or not.
2f56fe2c-3286-462f-9684-d00d16ebaf6e_1.cfd9e97f7a51a686dfedf004d694401e.jpeg

I*ve been using them with my cars for years. Although with the trans housing it was a PITA and took a bit of time. I'd love to powerwash my bay as well! Just don't know where to start for that.
I will post the next engine bay pic once I get a new radiator installed. The current one has a number of zipties holding it in and keep it from rattling **
I wanna get some new trailing arms soon.
What have you done suspension wise so far?

Last edited:
Today I installed a TWM short throw (probably swapped the shifter a dozen times already lol) I grabbed from a friend last night. He was the same guy I bought the MSP lip from.
It was tempting at $130... I wasn't liking how the Ralco one felt. It just felt cheap and crappy.. the TWM one felt much more sturdy and firm.. didn't make the car feel like it was 40 years old haha.
Absolutely love it. Now he's tempting me with 1.8 coilpacks/NGK wires/brackets etc. and a valve cover to go with it.
I might do it buahaha I've been meaning to paint the vc.

I also went to the DMV bc I decided to retire my 'SUH' plates and go a bit more anonymous. I get new special Hawaii plates in a couple weeks, same price as custom plates :( but they look sick.
calabash-artistic-license.jpg

After, I grabbed some CR3 washers from Cres.
GJddAkG.jpg

They're sick! Engine bay looked a wee bit cleaner, I love the look. Also had a couple washers left for the rear license plate :)
But in the process of doing the valve cover bolts, I broke an old one while reinstalling it. I originally thought I didn't have the bolts that were long enough for the valve cover but my stupid self forgot to look at the other bag of bolts LOL

Here's the process of my stupidity removing the broken bolt.
I drilled into the broken bolt, then used some needlenose pliers to stick it inside to turn it and remove it.
wiPAkmy.jpg

xnvfVMS.jpg

Zr9XVzc.jpg

Zo0Q8Tn.jpg

Hit him up for parts!
http://cr3motorsports.com/

Lip install coming soon!

Last edited:
yeah those washers are nice. i got them on both of my proteges. i once tried to orientate all the washers the same way but it was testing my patience and i gave up lol

oh yeah, get a weighted shift knob if you don't have one already. it makes the twm feel even better. i run a weighted blox shift knob that weights 490 grams or 1.08 pounds

Last edited:
yeah those washers are nice. i got them on both of my proteges. i once tried to orientate all the washers the same way but it was testing my patience and i gave up lol

oh yeah, get a weighted shift knob if you don't have one already. it makes the twm feel even better. i run a weighted blox shift knob that weights 490 grams or 1.08 pounds

Yeah I did some of the sides all aligned and once I got to the valve cover I said **** it.. just run it lol.
Using a corksport shiftknob with all the weights in it.. so 320g. Does make it much smoother :D

Cleaned the engine bay via powerwash, painted the valve cover/replaced gasket, heatshield and some pieces in the bay. Hydra bumper sap kit.
uXrGdiH.jpg

Although it's been idling real rough since then. Usually at 550, on some starts it would dip to 0 (won't die out tho) and hop right back up to 550. With the ac it's at 600 rpm but it drives a bit smoother.
This only happens during idling/1st gear. At higher speeds it's completely perfect.
I'm 80% sure it has something to do with the MAF/air intake.. I didn't cover it up nor sprayed on it.. assumed the sock would keep it waterproof lol that's why I have to quite being lazy.
On top of that, I'm never powerwashing an engine bay again lol.
I sprayed some wd-40 around some connections for water displacement in hopes it'd fix it.
Will look at it tomorrow after work.

Oh, also installed the lip. Maaco did a s*** job, heaps of orange peel and they took nearly 3 weeks just to paint it. Kept bsing about when it'd be ready.
2 bad experiences already with them, not giving them a 3rd chance. The only good thing about it was that the color was pretty darn close. It's just that my cars paint in general is crapping out.

Ok to the pics:
lNyv27X.jpg

ZQqSOfP.jpg

Not installing the rad until I fix my idling/1st issue :'(

Last edited:
fffuuuuuuccckkkkk I need to stop bullshitting and get fog deletes

Got lucky and got them with the lip xD they're pretty hard to come by... I've only seen one set pop up on ebay the past year. Sucks..

Installed the new radiator today! Hoses/thermostat etc. Gonna rest on modding for a bit, got quite the mod bug recently lol.
Here's some pics!

EYA6eEd.jpg

gBCFMi4.jpg

Lip looks good.....can't wait to overcome procrastination of taking mine back apart and making the bumper and lip both become 22v.........your pics are motivational.

Next step... booooost!

That's been lingering in my head.. few protege guys in the community down here are willing to sell me a setup. Just not sure yet :p

Lip looks good.....can't wait to overcome procrastination of taking mine back apart and making the bumper and lip both become 22v.........your pics are motivational.

Haha just think of it as once you're done you don't have to keep thinking about having to do it :p

You'd think the factory primer bumperskin with the yellow lip against the silver would be motivation enuff, lol................

noticed you don't have the hood blanket/liner on your car. does the hood get extra hot on hot summer days? i may eventually look into installing a hood vent because during the warmer months, my engine bay is super duper hot after just normal driving.

That Mishimoto radiator is badass. You'll love how it kerps your car cool even under track duress! Just one tip. If your thermo ever (and hopefully won't) go out, don't replace it with a "high performance" thermo with a lower temp threshold. Your car will approach operational temperatures, but not hit it. I was warned about the same thing when I installed mine.

Anyways, the fans have such a cool ghastly noise to them when they kick on. Beats the old one, which sounded like a desk fan!

Maybe someday, I'll get a speed lip like you. Just gotta check with the marshalls at the track to make sure I don't DQ myself from my class for installing OEM "aero". Doubt it really helps all that much.

it must be a little different with a boosted setup though. you open the hood and it's like stepping into the oven for a few seconds even on a 70 degree day with normal driving lol. i plan on upgrading the radiator when mine starts to go. you know how it goes. if it ain't broke....... :) lol at the desk fan description though. my wife laughs at it all the time.

@i12drivemyMP5
You better HOP ON THAT brotha! Haha I didn*t wanna run the lip when it was blue until it matched.
@323
I haven*t really noticed a difference, then again I haven*t really felt the hood lol. The liner was falling apart and all nasty looking so I removed it.. plus I can hear more sounds from the engine bay buaha.
I would do a slim hood vent myself but I*m just not up for the required body work atm :p
@Riot_Polizei
I love how it looks haha, fans kick on a bit later than it usually does. I*ve replaced the thermo with a regular OEM-esque one so I hope that*ll be fine. But thanks for the tip!
I*m using the stock fans on them right now but plan on upgrading them soon. It does indeed sound like a desk fan.. pretty annoying.
I*ve been waiting for a couple years to find a lip, then I finally got connected with the protg guys down here and one of them happened to be selling the lip/deletes. Got pretty lucky haha. I wouldn*t consider them to be *aero* at all, just looks :p
@323
I*ve been considering boosting more and more but I*m really thinking of sticking with the reliability I*ve got with it right now. Might just go with a all in NA build lol. Bought some Manzo headers from a guy on a different island, will be putting that in soon
That*s true! I try not to replace things unless I really need to. My old radiator was rusted up and bent a bit from an accident by the PO. No matter how many times I flushed it, the color of the coolant would always turn a bit brownish. But all this desk fan talk got me really thinking about upgrading my fans lmao. I heard I*d have to splice in my own fan connectors etc to install them via amazon review.. is that true?

just have a backup car if you decide to boost. it's not unreliable if you treat the car nice aka no pedal to the metal 24/7 and your engine is healthy but there are definitely things to sort out when you go boosted. you can ask gabe about that one lol

Last edited:
@i12drivemyMP5
You better HOP ON THAT brotha! Haha I didn*t wanna run the lip when it was blue until it matched.
Yeah, test fitted everything with sag brackets and all and somehow just hasn't come back apart yet, lol............

@323 Yeah that's likely why I'm not deciding to boost it. I won't be getting another car in the next couple years or so, once I do then I definitely will.
@i12drivemyMP5 It's a whole bunch of work to do haha, I dreaded doing it again when I had to fix my sag brackets. I still can't seem to get it to sit right...

Here's a couple of uh-oh's.

chmvhxU.jpg

Lost one of these for the top of the clamp, took the other side off.. look at that rust eugh.
5YlI3pT.jpg

Kinda wish I went with a racingbeat bar or something.. not digging these endlinks/clamps.
Other than that the car drives like a beauty. Although it idles a bit low now, it hasn't bogged at all or affected performance the slightest bit.
Maybe since I cleaned everything out..

Searching thru exhaust options now. Racing Beat is the preferred one atm but gonna say it once again.. shipping is a killer.

Back