Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 808 Budget Daily Wago

2002 Protegé5 manual

Quote Originally Posted by grffn View Post
    Yeah best temporary solution in the mean time imo. Not up for the job yet, did a whole civic in the past and it was not a fun process lol.

previous owner painted it blue

swapped in an intermittent wiper stalk, bout a 10 minute job real straightforward. rear wipers still function as well.
    ahhh i love the daily driver mods.
    I did this upgrade too, and honestly I don*t understand why Mazda didn*t just install these at the factory

Registered Member

P5

Haven't done much, just new LED's for plate lights etc. Got an alignment after installing Moog camber bolt kits all around the car, -1.5 camber all around.
    Also installed some new tail lights, no more looking at those ugly round ones :^)

Comp Engineering Student Riot_Polizei's Avatar

2002 Mazda Protege5

Righteous man, how was installing those camber bolts? Might be a good fine-tune mod for the future, since my car's an understeer machine.

If I was you though, I would've put more negative camber up front than in the rear. Give yourself better turn-in for those corners
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Injen Cold Air Intake ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust ■ Moog Front Endlinks
    ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar ■ Mazda6 Front Big Brakes ■ Foglight Deletes
    ■ OBX Short Shifter ■ OBX 4-1 Headers

Registered Member

P5

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    Righteous man, how was installing those camber bolts? Might be a good fine-tune mod for the future, since my car's an understeer machine.

If I was you though, I would've put more negative camber up front than in the rear. Give yourself better turn-in for those corners
    It wasn't too bad, loosening up and removing the old rusted bolts/nuts were the only issue I had. When I drove over to the alignment shop I had -3 camber on the rear lol. After talking with him we both settled on -1.5 all around, with how the tires would wear in mind. Might consider that in the future, maybe when I get a rear sway bar in and go in for another alignment.

Registered Member

P5

Looks like I got a good 2 years out of my $130 OBX exhaust before it started cracking up and getting all rusted up. Pretty set on a full racingbeat exhaust set up, paired with the corksport exhaust hangers.. seems to be about $500+$400 shipping to Hawaii. Anybody happen to know other places selling it? Or any other suggestions on an exhaust set up?
    Last edited by grffn; 11-06-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by grffn View Post
    Looks like I got a good 2 years out of my $130 OBX exhaust before it started cracking up and getting all rusted up. Pretty set on a full racingbeat exhaust set up, paired with the corksport exhaust hangers.. seems to be about $500+$400 shipping to Hawaii. Anybody happen to know other places selling it? Or any other suggestions on an exhaust set up?
    HKS axel back is what I'm running. I'll try to find the clip I have. I also have a stock muffler if you want it lol
    2003 Sunburst Yellow Mazda Protege5
    Follow my instagram @another_yellowp5

Mods List
    Interior
    - JVC head unit
    -Sound Ordinance Sub woofer
    Exterior
    -WeatherTech Rain Guards
    Performance
    -HKS axle back
    -MP3 Flashed ECU

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

Page 5 Post 63
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910