Block Heater / Oil Pan Heater on 2016?

relevante

:
2016 CX-9 Grand Touring
Is anyone using a block heater or oil pan heater setup they like on the 2016 CX-9? On cold mornings, even a fairly extended idle in the driveway doesn't really seem to get it up to temp very well.

Is anyone using a block heater or oil pan heater setup they like on the 2016 CX-9? On cold mornings, even a fairly extended idle in the driveway doesn't really seem to get it up to temp very well.

I have/use it just because in our location it is definitely recommended as our daily low temps get to minus 10 F but even if I plug it overnight it still takes a bit of time before engine warms up to optimal operating temperature. The engine block heater is supposed to maintain the block temp at 32F if it's say 0F outside but it it's higher than 0F outside I don't usually plug it.

The best rule for warming an engine without a block heater is, as soon as it'll run smoothly, drive it easy. Idling isn't the best. I know, we want the warm cabin for comfort and want a quickly defrosted windshield.

The dealer in a cold region is probably the best resource for which water jacket or oil pan heater will fit best into a certain car.

Back