New guy.....new CX-5?

johnpham

:
Mazda 3
Picked it up a couple of days ago, love the way it drives, fit and finish is great. One thing I noticed today is the security indicator light starts flashing after I shut the car off. I'm not locking the doors. For the life of me, I didn't notice the light flashing until today. I read in the manual that is normal......Is it? Or am I just losing it?

--------------------------------------------------
best ringtones, free ringtones download,iphone ringtones

Last edited:
Picked it up a couple of days ago, love the way it drives, fit and finish is great. One thing I noticed today is the security indicator light starts flashing after I shut the car off. I'm not locking the doors. For the life of me, I didn't notice the light flashing until today. I read in the manual that is normal......Is it? Or am I just losing it?

Normal

Why do you doubt what Mazda tells you about a feature on their own vehicle? It's a signal that the engine immobilizer is active. Of course it's normal!

Usually we have a hard time getting folks to READ the manual... (dunno)

But, yes, as you read in the manual, that is the normal operation.

The Mazda Factory Manual and the Smart Start Guide are going to be your most accurate information available.

You can also view it / download it online as a pdf via the Mazda website.

Enjoy the new car!

Last edited:
Back