Dribbling Windshield Washer

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
I've noticed the past few weeks, the nozzle on my drivers side sprayer dribbling out a few minutes after I've sprayed the windshield washer button to clean the window. It sprays (more like dribbles) out about an inch for a few seconds. Never seen this before with my old CX-9. Anyone else see this? Does it doe some type of purge after each use??

Might be clogged, try sticking a sewing needle or something similar into the nozzle opening...

It works just fine when I spray. It's AFTER I spray. A few minutes later, that it comes out on it's own.

So I finally figured out how to reproduce the problem with the washer nozzle "dribbling" out.

If I use the washers for a few seconds and then the next time I take a turn at a higher speed, the G-forces cause the washer to discharge. Without fail. The faster I take the turn (so far only turning right), the more comes out. The slower I go, the less comes out.

I recorded two videos of the problem. First video is taking an exit ramp around 50Mph (as seen in the HUD). The 2nd video a bit more difficult to see, but happened at a slower speed.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!At0EDgIOjZ0fyj3Gn-niVfFd9Ota

https://1drv.ms/v/s!At0EDgIOjZ0fyjzI0ck_rqpNYvdZ

I'm starting to think it's the spray valve opening which is defective. My guess is the G-Forces cause excess pressure and the fluid to push out if it's not closing completely. And not the washer pump itself....anyone?

Ha. Funny enough, I don't think they even filled the reservoir when they delivered it to me. It pretty much ran out last week. I would have expected to NOT happen with an empty reservoir. I'll try again in the morning and see what happens when it's full.

Regarding my "tinkling" sprayer, they brought in the regional Mazda Service manager who also drives a new CX-9. Her car has the same problem as mine when they took it out to test. The Mazda Tech on the west coast, also drives a CX-9, and HE has the same problem. They all agree that, while it's not right, it's the design. The service manager agrees, the new design is highly underdesigned and they messed up a good system. Until enough people complain about the problem, Mazda will likely do nothing. They did agree to order a back pressure valve and will install at no charge.

Does NOBOBY else have this problem? Easy to replicate. User the washer to clean the window. Then take a right turn or turn on a right-hand ramp above 15MPH. At this point the driver side washer nozzle sprays out fluid during the entire turn.....nobody?

Does NOBOBY else have this problem? Easy to replicate. User the washer to clean the window. Then take a right turn or turn on a right-hand ramp above 15MPH. At this point the driver side washer nozzle sprays out fluid during the entire turn.....nobody?

They probably have more important things to worry about lol

Back