Front seat deterioration?

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
For the past year or so I've noticed little bits of foam appearing on the front floorboard. I finally took a real look at where it's coming from and the bottom cushion of the driver's seat is falling apart. The left bolster section is completely flat and just falling into tiny pieces. Anyone else have similar issues?

i work in foam industry. unfortunately its wear and tear, no repairs are possible. you need to replace foam and upholstery to make it new again.

Sent from my SHV-E250L using Tapatalk

Interesting

After reading I went to check my 2012 out and found no issues

Have you looked into local upholstery shop fix it ?

Weird.
#1 its a Sport so no special stuff in the seat bottom like seat warmer or leather surface.
#2 its only 4 some years old
#3 you appear to be in Indiana, not some place where oppressive interior heat could break down the foam.

Based on my comments, no, I have not had similar experience. I'm going for defective foam, but good luck getting any kind of coverage or help. I had the cracked tailgate TSB from 06-07. I got it warranty replaced and painted. Less than 3 years later the clear coat was bubbling and flaking, along with every other horizontal surface including the horizontal strips of body right under the door windows. Dealer tells Mazda its normal. Less than 3 years!

Back