Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Cx5 heated mirrors

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1

    Cx5 heated mirrors

    Has anyone ever done this to a touring model. If so can you point me in the right directions.

    Cx5 early 2015
    Tech package

    Thks

  2. #2
    Registered Member ddtigger1's Avatar

    2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliriano6 View Post
    Has anyone ever done this to a touring model. If so can you point me in the right directions.

    Cx5 early 2015
    Tech package

    Thks
    I believe they come on when you turn on the rear window defrost.

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Touring 2016.5

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Lewisville North Dallas Suburb
    Posts
    616
    I don't think touring comes with heated mirrors. He is asking about new install

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    2016.5 CX5 Touring, Bose & Tech

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Interesting. We spent a week in Utah and I had read in the manual for our 2016.5 Touring (Bose & Tech) that turning on the rear defroster heated the mirrors, but while the rear window cleared right up, the side mirrors never seemed to clear of ice until I cleaned them myself. I wondered if they were only on the GT.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    126
    Mine work really well on my '16 GT.

  6. #6
    i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    '15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,716
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by hauscx5 View Post
    Interesting. We spent a week in Utah and I had read in the manual for our 2016.5 Touring (Bose & Tech) that turning on the rear defroster heated the mirrors, but while the rear window cleared right up, the side mirrors never seemed to clear of ice until I cleaned them myself. I wondered if they were only on the GT.
    Appears to be GT Only

    https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/cx-5/specs
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package & i-ACTIV AWD - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 33K Miles

    ==================
    NB1 Navigation Updates (980 NEW-11/2016) / Why Mazda moly oil? - Mazda TSBs / My Misc add-ons / Mazda owners manuals / SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    2013 CX5 GX Manual

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    35
    Interesting. The base model GX in Canada has heated mirrors. Mine doesn't have a single option (6 speed manual) and they're heated...odd.

  8. #8
    手前の言葉が俺は聞き捨てよう TheMAN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,740
    you'll need to replace the glass and run wires to get heated mirrors... the terminals in the harness connector are really small so it'll be hard to wire up nicely
    but I would suggest importing the glass from europe to eliminate the blind spot
    TheMAN
    '01 BJFP MT
    '05 BK3P HB AT
    '16 BMYFS AT

    For Protege and Mazda3 info, come see the Protege FAQ

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    56
    noob question - are they controlled by the rear defroster or is there another control i haven't discovered yet for the mirrors?

  10. #10
    Registered Member Conrad 16.5's Avatar

    2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring titanium/black

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB78 View Post
    noob question - are they controlled by the rear defroster or is there another control i haven't discovered yet for the mirrors?
    Yes, the heated mirrors power up with the rear defroster.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 2106.5

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18
    That's cool!!!!!!!! Didn't realize this.

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    Mazda cx5 sport 2013`

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    newyork
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    you'll need to replace the glass and run wires to get heated mirrors... the terminals in the harness connector are really small so it'll be hard to wire up nicely
    but I would suggest importing the glass from europe to eliminate the blind spot
    i did this to my sport added heated mirrors

Similar Threads

  1. Heated mirrors
    By NuMazdaian in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2015, 02:30 AM
  2. Does UK CX-5 have heated mirrors????
    By BROADBEAN9513 in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 05:30 PM
  3. Heated mirrors
    By KBrian in forum Mazda5 Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 10:46 PM
  4. Heated Mirrors
    By boost2dms6 in forum Mazda6 Audio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:28 AM
  5. Heated Mirrors in the GT
    By Top Jimmy in forum Mazda CX-7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •