Rattling Noises/Sound System - 2016.5 CX-5 GT

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Hello All!

New to this forum because I just picked up a 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT a little less than a month ago and I love it, however I have a question or two that some might be able to point me in the right direction. I was very particular about the sound quality of the BOSE system, which really doesn't sound bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised, especially compared to the stock system that comes standard with the Sport/Touring models. Anyway, when the volume is turned all the way up (I like my music loud, lol so i'm always 50+), I get this crazy rattle from the driver and front passenger windows. More so the drivers side though. It doesn't happen all the time, and sometimes its worse than others. I found that if I apply pressure close to the side-view mirror (on the door), the rattling goes away. Also, if I bring the window down and back up, the rattling will go away then too. Is anybody else experiencing this and might have a more permanent solution? I did do a quick search on here to see if it was already addressed by someone but didn't find anything, so I apologize if I missed it. It only starting happening more like a week or two ago.

I previously had a 2013 Scion tC, which I loved. The only downside was all the rattle coming from the doors because of the stock sound system. On the forums, there were some members that had a quick and super easy fix which just required you to pop off the part of the door (super easy) and apply a folded piece of paper or thin foam underneath the piece you took off and the rattling noises would go away, which it did. This was something that a lot of tC owners complained about, I think was addressed in the 2014+ models. I was glad to finally upgrade to the CX-5 and not have to worry about stuff like that, or at least I thought I wouldn't have to worry about it. Any help or guidance on this will be appreciated, so thank you in advance!

50+?? boy you do like it loud, Did you try turning down the bass setting? That's what's causing the rattling, especially with the volume that high

I, too, have the same rattle in our 2016 CX5 GT. So far it only seems to be the drivers side door, and when I put some pressure around the door handle area on the inside it goes away. Of course the others are correct, the bass is what causes the rattles, and sound dampening (dynamat, etc) will certainly help. I wonder, however, if the dealership can or will do anything to fix the rattles? Under warranty they SHOULD make an attempt to fix it, but i'm sure there's only so much they can do. I think I will ask them to look at it next time I take it in for service. And turn your music down, you're going to go deaf!! haha

I, too, have the same rattle in our 2016 CX5 GT. So far it only seems to be the drivers side door, and when I put some pressure around the door handle area on the inside it goes away. Of course the others are correct, the bass is what causes the rattles, and sound dampening (dynamat, etc) will certainly help. I wonder, however, if the dealership can or will do anything to fix the rattles? Under warranty they SHOULD make an attempt to fix it, but i'm sure there's only so much they can do. I think I will ask them to look at it next time I take it in for service. And turn your music down, you're going to go deaf!! haha

I heard that the dealership won't do anything, but doesn't hurt to try. When I bring mine for the first oil change I will ask too. Let me know how it goes for you.

Back