Ridiculously slow, barely functional infotainment system.

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/eij2ao9hsv#$/

There's a direct link to downloads. That Mazda3 site is great but a pain in the ass. You MUST register after like 5 page views. Blatantly jacking up membership numbers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fyi.. if you do tweaks such as changing the background screen, etc. the tweak scripts currently will not run on the .502 version.:(

I’ve noticed the same annoying bugs others have on my 2017 CX-5 GT infotainment. As previously stated, updating is ridiculously easy thanks to the update files posted online. Jury is still out as to whether the system is any less “buggy”. I found the video instructions appended below which makes it MUCH easier than trying to read through the TSB. I upgraded to 502 this morning, following the instructions on the video step-by-step and it was a snap! I will keep an eye out for the latest fixes. Of note is the fact that the update to 502 did NOT result in loss of favorites, or other settings which is awesome! Equally pleasing is that I won’t need to visit the dealer for infotainment updates...lets hope when CarPlay become available it can be installed just as easily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGtsaeVftA

I’ve noticed the same annoying bugs others have on my 2017 CX-5 GT infotainment. As previously stated, updating is ridiculously easy thanks to the update files posted online. Jury is still out as to whether the system is any less “buggy”. I found the video instructions appended below which makes it MUCH easier than trying to read through the TSB. I upgraded to 502 this morning, following the instructions on the video step-by-step and it was a snap! I will keep an eye out for the latest fixes. Of note is the fact that the update to 502 did NOT result in loss of favorites, or other settings which is awesome! Equally pleasing is that I won’t need to visit the dealer for infotainment updates...lets hope when CarPlay become available it can be installed just as easily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGtsaeVftA

I just finished the update on 2017 CX-5, took approximately 25 min from start to finish, really easy using the youtube video steps.

Just finished my update too... quick and easy using the youtube instructions, thanks!

If yours is slow, did you do this update and still notice slowness?

I've only spent about 15 minutes with the update so far...but IMHO it does seem a bit quicker. I'm anxious to hear other's opinions. My CX-5 is not a daily driver for me at this point so those of you that spend hours a day in the car can likely provide more meaningful feedback.

If yours is slow, did you do this update and still notice slowness?

Haven't done the update, was just saying this site is very slow like the OP said his infotainment is, that is all. With that said, so far so good with this site this morn working fine...

I've only spent about 15 minutes with the update so far...but IMHO it does seem a bit quicker. I'm anxious to hear other's opinions. My CX-5 is not a daily driver for me at this point so those of you that spend hours a day in the car can likely provide more meaningful feedback.

Mine's been good post-update so far. I wasn't really experiencing issues before though (except the small hesitation when starting engine while the phone connects).

I have upgraded the infotainment system to 59.00.502. Now when I connect my iPhone 7, it will connect but not allow me to access the root menu (playlists, artists, songs etc) until the mzd connect populates all of the items in the root menu. It will take about 1 1/2 minutes before I am allowed to access the root menu. This is NOT acceptable #mazdausa

I have upgraded the infotainment system to 59.00.502. Now when I connect my iPhone 7, it will connect but not allow me to access the root menu (playlists, artists, songs etc) until the mzd connect populates all of the items in the root menu. It will take about 1 1/2 minutes before I am allowed to access the root menu. This is NOT acceptable #mazdausa

Did you delete the pairing, then re-pair it? (unpair both on mazda connect, and delete your phone's bluetooth pairing for mazda... then connect again).
Often that'll fix software update issues as they may have tweaked something relating to pairing or bluetooth.

Back