New CX 9 delivery - strong rubbery smell in cabin (not the leather) while driving

:
‘17 CX9 & ‘19 3 GT
Recently picked up my brand new CX9 and since its extremely cold outside I can't drive with the windows open. Noticed a strong rubber like smell inside cabin and initially thought it was the undercoating that was done to the car but according to the salesperson all new vehicles have a coating applied to the engine. It'll dissipate overtime but was wondering if any of you owners experienced the same during your first few days/wks of driving.

Congrats! When I picked my CX9 a couple of weeks ago, I did smell something like rubber and plastic burning, but it was pretty faint. Two or three days later the odor was gone.

It's been a while since I bought my CX-9 and I believe my salesman told me the same thing. The smell did go away after a few days.

It's been a while since I bought my CX-9 and I believe my salesman told me the same thing. The smell did go away after a few days.

Oh okay...then this is legit then (LOL) I thought this was some issue right off the bat! Hopefully it goes away quickly. Thanks guys!

Recently picked up my brand new CX9 and since its extremely cold outside I can't drive with the windows open. Noticed a strong rubber like smell inside cabin and initially thought it was the undercoating that was done to the car but according to the salesperson all new vehicles have a coating applied to the engine. It'll dissipate overtime but was wondering if any of you owners experienced the same during your first few days/wks of driving.

We just purchased ours last night and noticed the smell also. Sure hope it goes away.

Back