x DeadTaco x's P5 Build Thread

Where are the used $200 turbos? You can get brand new Garrett T25 center cartridges for about $500 or a T28 cartridge for $400 and port the housings to fit.

Where are the used $200 turbos? You can get brand new Garrett T25 center cartridges for about $500 or a T28 cartridge for $400 and port the housings to fit.
Callawaycars.com has them for sale.

I considered just buying a T28 outright but decided on staying with stock turbo since i finally have it turboed, so id like to just enjoy it for a bit before other big upgrades.

So a little update since I havent updated for nearly a month.

Bought a used turbo through Callaway and it has been waiting at home for me to return. Purchased new turbo/s pipe gasket, as well as a full stud set for the turbo as I am unsure if it has studs/nuts with it or not, so new hardware is best way to go. Bought yet another oil inlet too.

Planning on being home next in mid-October so hopefully ill be able to drive my car again soon and be able to enjoy the boost life finally lol.

For the oil inlet I planned on installing with new turbo off (obviously). I have pipe-rated yellow teflon tape and copper RTV. Should I use either/both of those for this inlet or no?

Also, per-chance, would anyone be able to guess how much power on the stock tune I would be making with my mods? I plan on an SSAFC or some sort of tuning management soon, but im just more curious.

Straight exhaust, 2.5" Turbolife FMIC, 505 IM, Short ram..
(Still on stock MSP ECU, not sure if flashed, and stock boost/WGA)

Stock MSPs make around 150/150 at the wheels. I would imagine you will make right around that even with a flashed ECU and 505 intake. (dealer flash didn't do much to make more power). If you tune the AFC and run around 10-11psi you will be closer to 190-200 at the wheels.

Stock MSPs make around 150/150 at the wheels. I would imagine you will make right around that even with a flashed ECU and 505 intake. (dealer flash didn't do much to make more power). If you tune the AFC and run around 10-11psi you will be closer to 190-200 at the wheels.

Right on. Thats about what I was looking to be able to make. Good to know that at this point all I need is an AFC and boost controller.

So good news and bad news.

Good news is i got the new turbo on, the CHRA is muy bueno, and i gave the ol gal a WOT pull and i want more boost hehe.

The bad news is, still leaking at that oil feed fitting. I dont know if im getting the wrong fitting from ATP or what, but its not sealing clearly. So car is staying at home...again. But sounds like my folks will bring it to a shop for me and they are going to weld/secure it somehow.

damn that sucks man. i feel your pain on annoying little oil leaks. hope you get it squared away soon.

So best news ive heard in a long time. The shop the car got sent to fixed the oil leak for good. Reinstalled feed fitting with an o ring and teflon tape.

In other news they said i need a new rear strut, a new trailing arm, and my front endlinks were loose.

But my car isnt leaking anymore yay! Going home to pick her up next weekend :)

Welp guys its been well. P5 was wrecked tonight in an accident. Pretty sure its totaled. Enjoyed boost for a week and it was fun..

So sorry about your accident, you have put so much work into your build then poof careless driver takes years of hard work away.

I hope you were un-injured, and I hope you enjoy your next ride as much. And maybe see you on these forums again.

For what it's worth I am happy to donate a silver 02. You would have to pick it up though. ( And totally serious, pm if interested ).

So the car has been picked up and is in St Paul, MN for inspection.

Been looking at some new vehicles, and while some are a natural progression (WRX, Speed6), there is a Silver 03.5 MSP in Minneapolis for sale right now.

Built motor, Perrin FMIC, SSAFC, basically all the mods I had finally done to my P5 and plus some I wouldve done anyways. Body isnt perfect and miles are high at 150k, but I could potentially buy that, and swap parts while my P5 sits at the yard awaiting its fate.

Oh and its selling for $2500

glad to know you're ok man. thats a fair price for a built msp. thats about what i spent on just the forged block and an upgraded oil pump. since its already built, save some money to beef up the trans and maybe turbo upgrades. maybe with the msp so cheap, u can still get another car? excuse for a secondary fun car and a back up car

$2500 for a built MSP? I would pick that up in a heartbeat (if it has a clean title and no rust). They only made 500 silver MSPs.

Hey again gang.. been some time.

Losing the car honestly has made me lose part of myself. First car, first car I loved, wrenched on almost every part of the car and loved it to death.

With that being said however, figure I should show how she sat post-incident and the day before the insurance company took her away forever. DISCLAIMER - if you do not like seeing photos of wrecked vehicles..DO NOT LOOK (don't want to trigger any flashbacks for anyone inadvertently)

Here we go - night of the incident:
25640411718_4d7a1a4e74_c.jpg

39511043201_9d80ab75e2_c.jpg

27734591849_fee8f2d8df_c.jpg

Then after I went back and found her at the body shop she got dropped off at:
27734590489_47a2edb672_z.jpg

39511040101_83e80f6a76_z.jpg

NOTE - Frame bending by core support for radiator!
39511038461_f42a89c22b_z.jpg

And the last little piece that I had, my custom "evil M" I made and put in my replica autoexe grille..
39511035731_e70a947fda_z.jpg

With the car being gone now, I do have something newer. I am in a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro, so I stayed in the four-banger turbo club which is ideal. AWD is a riot, and the comfort and fit/finish is unreal. Unfortumately though, just dropped $130 on a PCV valve..I miss the $10 PCV's these cars have lol..oh well thats the price of German bleh.

Here is the new whippo:
38802557674_90a012f7b8_z.jpg

39480605272_2c94f4e0ed_z.jpg

I still plan on buying another P5 or MSP some day and living out my dream of having a track car out of one. I know the chassis is capable and I would LOVE to show some other FWD (and RWD) boys up with a wagon :) like the original plan was haha.

Awesome man. Enjoy the new whip. Get the p5 sooner than later and revive this thread!

Back