CX-5 Frozen Windows

yes, but the added thickness of the glass will cause the window to drag against the glass run more easily

As flimsily as windows are mounted, I don't think this is much of a factor. Or, let's put it this way, no other window ever froze shut on me as easily as the CX-5's did, and all of them have been tinted.

Yeah I've never had this issue before as well. It's ridiculous. But I could totally see the dealer blaming the tint if they could. Although I don't think that's it at all.

yes, but the added thickness of the glass will cause the window to drag against the glass run more easily

As flimsily as windows are mounted, I don't think this is much of a factor. Or, let's put it this way, no other window ever froze shut on me as easily as the CX-5's did, and all of them have been tinted.

The tinting film isn't applied all the way up to the edges of the window glass is it?

The tinting film isn't applied all the way up to the edges of the window glass is it?

It is to the visible portions, and this could be argued to make it set firmer against the gaskets, except the windows sit very loosely against it, anyways. Maybe the k-factor of the polymer sliding against the gaskets...but that's not possible because there IS NO SLIDING, as they are frozen shut...Even "helping" with my hands, it's stuck. It's just the design of the windows on this vehicle. Very large surface area for bonding, apparently, compared to other glass/gasket interfaces I've owned.

Dude don't get that tiny 303 bottle. For that price get the regular sized bottle. Same thing.

You think that 303 Aerospace Protectant and 303 Rubber Seal Protectant have the same formulas? I use the protectant and I know it's good stuff.

Hmmmmmm, never happened on my 2016 CX-5. Going to be 10 degrees here in the morning. Just as a test think I'll park it outside tonight and see how the windows do in the morning.

Actually got down to 9 Deg F last weekend. No problems at all with windows.

Oh , and today its gonna be 73 Deg F. Weird weather

Last edited:
dielectric grease leaves a messy/greasy surface... it looks like s***
the shin-etsu grease you buy from honda leaves a matte finish when used properly and minimum greasy feel... part of it gets absorbed into the rubber to help make it more pliable also... it's specifically designed for window seals

all of you go on and ignore what I say because it says "honda" and it's stupid expensive... every single honda forum out there rant and rave over this stuff... it cures many problems from sticky sunroofs to convertible top issues

the shin-etsu grease you buy from honda leaves a matte finish when used properly and minimum greasy feel... part of it gets absorbed into the rubber to help make it more pliable also... it's specifically designed for window seals

all of you go on and ignore what I say because it says "honda" and it's stupid expensive... every single honda forum out there rant and rave over this stuff... it cures many problems from sticky sunroofs to convertible top issues

Good to know! Ty

Will I void my warranty if I use Honda grease on my Mazda? ;0 (drunk)

Back