Mystery tiny dent

rjbak3r

:
mazda cx 5 maxx sport 2016
20170105_131041.jpg

We have these two tiny dents above the back doors on both sides, they are the in the exact same spots and same size and can only notice them if looking for it now i cant stop looking lol. Im just wondering if other cx 5 2016 models have this is a manufacturer thing or not so if not can get it fixed..

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Wow, where did you set that accessory from.. :) It's on both sides same place you say..? No idea.. weird...

I'll be damned if I didn't discover one of those on my rear passenger side just yesterday! Very slight, and I never would have seen it of I wasn't shining some lights on it in a garage while I was detailing it a bit. It annoyed me. Now I'll have to check the other side. I was racking my brain trying to figure who or what could have caused it. It's very light.

I don't assume warranty will cover this. There's no way of knowing what happened.

Where you involved in any accidents which might of dented the frame? I seen a salvaged title BMW with a similar dent.

4b34292564a6096db58aa8fcdbebaf5e.jpg

Same dent at exact same spot on the other side as photo? Did you happen to carry anything on the roof recently? Like a Christmas tree and tied it down with rope? A rope would do that, or a long branch that fell across your roof would do that too.

Or if you parked under a tree with falling nuts or acorns, just a coincidence that they're in the same locations on both sides.

Last edited:
Do I see a couple of other dings forward along there too? Hail will do that.

Also, living in Texas, I've had dings in this area from side mirrors on tall trucks.

It's hard to see from the pic, but at 1st glance it looks like someone cranked a roof rack or even some straps down too tight.

It's hard to see from the pic, but at 1st glance it looks like someone cranked a roof rack or even some straps down too tight.

I don't see a roof rack in the picture, so I'll bet there wasn't anything strapped down.

that white rope across the rear quarter panel window will leave a dent like that LOL why would someone do that to a Lambo ? why ? (bow)

Screen%20Shot%202014-11-30%20at%205_18_47%20PM.png

that white rope across the rear quarter panel window will leave a dent like that LOL why would someone do that to a Lambo ? why ? (bow)

The dents make sense now, having seen the tie down method on the Lambo. I was referring to post #11 mentioning tightening something to the rack.

Weve had no roof racks and havent had anything on the roof we only purchased the car in august last year, there has been no accidents or anything like that.

Do I see a couple of other dings forward along there too? Hail will do that.

Also, living in Texas, I've had dings in this area from side mirrors on tall trucks.
Thought that too but would have to be very unlucky to have it happen both sides in the exact same spot :/

Haha i had to look twice at this pic didnt see the tree at first

Disposable income, or it was the cheapest car they own!

Back