Battery drainage WTF?

Bad battery, confirmed by Autozone tester. Got a new battery from Costco, for $78 after core($15). 640CCA/48 months warranty/Interstate.

Had an issue with my 2015 touring where it was slow cranking for the past 3 weeks or so, and yesterday it just clicked... Called the dealer after jumping it and getting home, was told that starting with the 2015 model, Mazda is warranting the battery in the CX-5 for the full 3/36 warranty period. I took it in today, they tested it, and replaced it free of charge... it cost me an hour of my time because I chose to wait.... Hats off to Mazda and the dealership on this one...

Had an issue with my 2015 touring where it was slow cranking for the past 3 weeks or so, and yesterday it just clicked... Called the dealer after jumping it and getting home, was told that starting with the 2015 model, Mazda is warranting the battery in the CX-5 for the full 3/36 warranty period. I took it in today, they tested it, and replaced it free of charge... it cost me an hour of my time because I chose to wait.... Hats off to Mazda and the dealership on this one...

Considering you have a 2015 they could've covered it under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. Only thing I see regarding the battery is if you go to a Mazda dealership to have a new one installed- that new one is covered 100% for 3 years.

1-36 months: Free replacement and labor
37-48 months: Customer is responsible for 70% of the battery MSRP and labor
49-60 months: Customer is responsible for 80% of the battery MSRP and labor

https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/warranty

Interestingly enough, Mazda dealer installed brake pads are covered with a lifetime warranty. So if its below spec 30k miles later or so I guess they are replaced with free pads with warranty and you pay for labor.

Last edited:
Bad battery, confirmed by Autozone tester. Got a new battery from Costco, for $78 after core($15). 640CCA/48 months warranty/Interstate.

Costco didn't have the right battery for my cx-5 wtf!!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back