Navigation voice error? 100ft but saying 1000ft, 2016 CX-9 GT

lishuoxa

:
CX-9
Hi, all. I just got my CX-9 GT and use the navigation from day 1. Then I just found out that when there is just 0.1mile to turn, it will say 1000ft. 50 ft to turn, it will say 500ft. It may not be a big problem but I still can get confused if the turns are so close. Any one got this? I suppose this should be fixed in an software update or already fixed?

Thanks

I don't recall having this problem. Technically 0.25 mile is 1320 ft. and 0.1 mile is 528 ft. so the navi might round it off to 1000 ft. and 500 ft respectively. Are you sure this is not the case with your CX-9?

I don't recall having this problem. Technically 0.25 mile is 1320 ft. and 0.1 mile is 528 ft. so the navi might round it off to 1000 ft. and 500 ft respectively. Are you sure this is not the case with your CX-9?

This may have something to do with the Nav's settings in terms of units say in metric vs imperial? (Meters vs feet or miles)

Update the Mazda Connect software and maps... this is a known bug which the newer versions fixes

When on a trip (I rarely use the Nav when in town), I used my Samsung Galaxy's Android Map as it is much more accurate than the built-in NAV on my CX-9 GT. The Map app on my phone always gave me the best route (shortest/fastest).

Hi, all. I just got my CX-9 GT and use the navigation from day 1. Then I just found out that when there is just 0.1mile to turn, it will say 1000ft. 50 ft to turn, it will say 500ft. It may not be a big problem but I still can get confused if the turns are so close. Any one got this? I suppose this should be fixed in an software update or already fixed?

Thanks

Nav systems don't usually give you 50/100 foot warnings, so I don't think that's the error. Do you know how fast your car would cover 100 feet at 40 mph? That would not be a very helpful voice instruction. Sometimes, the GPS has your position slightly off--maybe that's the problem?

Last edited:
When on a trip (I rarely use the Nav when in town), I used my Samsung Galaxy's Android Map as it is much more accurate than the built-in NAV on my CX-9 GT. The Map app on my phone always gave me the best route (shortest/fastest).

I kind like the navigation showing directions at the heads up display. The android navigation will not show there right?

Sounds like my software is not updated. I will try to update and see what happens. Thanks!

Back