6MT, 2 liter...can it handle this hairy situation?

Well, the proper way to drive a manual is to use the parking brake while on a hill. Hold the button in, and slowly release the brake as the engine loads up against the clutch, and you take off smoother than an automatic with ZERO "roll back". If you do this, you shouldn't have an issue with rolling back and laying rubber and all that nonsense.

As to "can it physically do it?" Yeah, I bet it can. No, it wouldn't be the first girl I took to that dance, lol

Thats how I would handle it in this situation. The hill assist is full on, then full off with a snap. With the parking brake, as you said, you can ease off as needed. When I am lazy I will let the hill assist do what it wants.
I really don't think the 2.0 with a manual is underpowered. No its not fast like many cars out there. But the engine in mine always feels willing to pull and does not seem to struggle. Plus I am a little older and dont want to be racing down the street anymore. So any more power for me will just be a waste. I am glad mazda made a vehicle to fits my needs perfectly. I am sorry to see mazda drop the 2.0 in the CX-5.

Back