Cargo Light not working

the inside of the plastic switch melted on my rear light... since the switch physically moves the bulb to make contact with the metal and turn it on, my rear light no longer works. I'm going to get some LED, and do some splicing to wire my own lighting solution in. I'll probably try to use the OEM light switch solution so I can maintain the on/off function.

It doesnt physically move the bulb but the positive terminal in the switch assembly. Black plastic switch goes in between the positive and the light assembly when its off

When replacing the RBCM with a second hand one, if it comes from mazda 3 or 6 which has same part number as stated by Mazda parts, you can program the new module as-built or read/write. If performing read/write, the manual is saying to store data from old RBCM and the new RBCM doesn't have any configuration stored on it so you just write the stored data on the new one. What about when you replace it with a second hand one, does it overwrite the data or you have to erase the old data first?

Great thread. Just experienced the issue after swapping my cargo compartment bulb without disconnecting the battery or the bulb assembly. I replaced the MOSFET Q15 on the RBCM and all was back to normal.

Last edited:
Great thread. Just experienced the issue after swapping my cargo compartment bulb without disconnecting the battery or the bulb assembly. I replaced the MOSFET Q15 on the RBCM and all was back to normal.
Thanks for the info. If my RBCM ever goes out I'll look for that MOSFET.

Another thread on another forum about this

buotaj0-jpg.257557
mcrnsil-jpg.257559

I believe this is what was used

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 11.37.16 AM.png

Back