Cargo Light not working

In my RBCM board was established ZXMN6A08E6. This mono MOSFET in SOT23-6.

cache.php
cache.php

But I had to replace it with a 2sk3065 (SC-62). Unfortunately no photos.

In my RBCM board was established ZXMN6A08E6. This mono MOSFET in SOT23-6.

cache.php
cache.php

But I had to replace it with a 2sk3065 (SC-62). Unfortunately no photos.
OK, got it! Thanks for making correction. In the future one can use this info to fix damaged RBCM without paying a hefty price for a whole new module! :)

Good info, if I need it. I have hot air station as well, so easy peasy for me. Thank you.

I have a 2013 CX-5 and replacing interior lights with leds was the first thing I did to it. I also did not disconnect the battery or light, must have shorted it while installing the led in the cargo area. Now it does not work. I bought a new (used) rbcm and planned on swapping it in. However, I read that some info is stored on the rbcm and needs to be temporarily copied off of it, then loaded onto the new one upon install. Does anyone know if this is true!? I was attempting to avoid dealer/repair fees. Will it hurt anything to just swap in the new one without doing anything else? Anyone know?

Or...for those of you who took apart their rbcm and repaired it. Did you just reinstall it after repair and everything worked? Thanks in advance.

Felix_65: Thanks for posting links and info... all good stuff!! I'd fix myself if not under warranty.

Dealer says bad RBCM. Not providing ground on cargo light circuit. They are searching for parts availability.

Nearest module is in California so I'll get replacement next week.

Last edited:
Getting this changed out tomorrow.

I assume most of the left trim in cargo area is going to need to be removed or can the unit be swapped out through the tail light access panel? I am told a couple hours work so probably somewhat invasive.

Dealer says bad RBCM. Not providing ground on cargo light circuit.
Bad RBCM confirmed. This un-fused module definitely is a bad design by Mazda. I think it went bad by itself after about 3 years is not a good indicator of quality product either. LED or incandescent, it shouldn't matter. In fact, using LED should draw less current and should be able to prolong the lifecycle of the RBCM.

I agree I should be able to use LED. I'll probably throw an inline fuse in there once the 3/36 warranty is up in a couple months.

LED with resistor should draw the same current, no? Otherwise will flicker.
For turn signals either the older mechanical flasher relay or newer electronic flasher "relay" needs the proper impedance to make on/off cycle work correctly with designed frequency. If the relay designed for incandescent bulb which has lower impedance is now connected to the LEDs, parallel low-ohm resisters are needed to decrease impedance for LEDs in order to match the impedance of incandescent bulbs to keep the on/off frequency from the relay the same.

Last edited:
I've got a working cargo light now. Dealership treated me well as usual. Kudos... Everett Mazda :)

They gave me a '17 Mazda 3 for the day. It was a nice drive.

Was putting a new bulb in because the old one was burnt, removed it and was about to push the new one in, it lit up because it touched contacts and it slipped and fell out so I picked it up and put it back again and now it doesnt work. I tried 5 more bulbs still no luck. It used to work before. Tried with test light and theres power going to the light but doesnt light up? So you guys are saying it might be rbcm. I scanned the module and no DTC stored. Went onto live data on trunk light. When tailgate is closed the switch is OFF, when I open the tailgate the switch is ON on the computer but still no light. Everything else the rbcm controls is working. Rear wipers, door locks, tailgate, stop lights etc. Whats wrong?

Same symptoms and fix was to replace the RBCM. Only the cargo light didn't work.

Was putting a new bulb in because the old one was burnt, removed it and was about to push the new one in, it lit up because it touched contacts and it slipped and fell out so I picked it up and put it back again and now it doesn*t work. I tried 5 more bulbs still no luck. It used to work before. Tried with test light and there*s power going to the light but doesn*t light up? So you guys are saying it might be rbcm. I scanned the module and no DTC stored. Went onto live data on trunk light. When tailgate is closed the switch is OFF, when I open the tailgate the switch is ON on the computer but still no light. Everything else the rbcm controls is working. Rear wipers, door locks, tailgate, stop lights etc. What*s wrong?

Was putting a new bulb in because the old one was burnt, removed it and was about to push the new one in, it lit up because it touched contacts and it slipped and fell out so I picked it up and put it back again and now it doesnt work. I tried 5 more bulbs still no luck. It used to work before. Tried with test light and theres power going to the light but doesnt light up? So you guys are saying it might be rbcm. I scanned the module and no DTC stored. Went onto live data on trunk light. When tailgate is closed the switch is OFF, when I open the tailgate the switch is ON on the computer but still no light. Everything else the rbcm controls is working. Rear wipers, door locks, tailgate, stop lights etc. Whats wrong?
I believe your RBCM couldnt handle the sudden surge when you suddenly touch the contacts of bulb holder and the internal circuitry of RBCM got burned.

Advice to owners of 2015 CX-5 and prior with cargo light on the side panel, make sure to remove the negative post, or at least make sure the cargo light is switched off, when youre trying to replace the cargo light bulb.

Mine just went out one day IIRC... it was long after the bulb change and bulb is easy to swap without disconnecting battery. Just disconnect the bulb assembly from harness and change bulb unplugged from car.

I think I can live without cargo light rather then spending $$$ to replace the rbcm.

Shouldnt it log a DTC at least if the rbcm is not operating at 100%? Or maybe I just try to replace that cargo light mosfet transistor and see if it works

Last edited:
Back