Wind Noise - CX-9 - Front driver & pass windo

chickenlip5

:
Mazda, CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
Howdy! I'm new here and not sure this is the place for this post... so here goes and sorry in advance if this needs to go someplace else. I've got a 2014 CX-9 Grand Touring AWD that has started making wind noise. Took it to the dealer and was told that the window seal needs to be replaced. Specifically, the "Glass Run Channel" P/N TD1159605D. The dealer wants $200+ to replace this part. I've purchased the extended warranty, but that doesn't cover "body" part replacement items. The car is kept in a garage except when traveling... so not entirely sure why this thing failed to begin with.

Regardless... I'm looking at replacing this part and need to know if anyone has access to a PDF that diagrams how to replace this. I've checked with Chilton, Haynes, and Alldatadiy.com but none have this year and model diagrams out yet.

Any advise on how to replace this seal?

Thanks!

Somewhere there is a thread and if I remember correctly surgical tubing was placed inside the weather stripping to give it life. Worth checking for, could be easier and cheaper.

My temporary fix for this is to put the window down, pull the run channel down and try to essentially shift it to the left, toward the front of the vehicle. Seems like the rubber has changed shape or stretched over time. The temp fix works for a good amount of time and is pretty easy. If you really wanted to fix it right, just buy the run channel yourself, it would be pretty easy.

Can you check your right front wheel well, and see if there is a hole in the inner fender liner? I purchased a 2015 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD with 7,800 miles. We were hearing wind and some weird noise and I could see where somehow the tire (20" rims) had rubbed the fender liner. I thought it was something from road debris. Now that I have just replaced the plastic liner, it only took 15 minutes for the right front wheel to gouge a hole in the plastic liner. It is also very close to the windshield washer reservoir.

Let me know, I am puzzled at the moment. Also, there does not appear to be any vehicle damage since the nuts and bolts don't have any tool wear on them. I will post my problem with a photo tomorrow.

It was a missing expandable plastic screw at the bottom part of the inner fender liner. Since part of the liner was not attached, it would deflect from the wind at higher speeds causing a fairly loud wind noise.

Back