Just some curiosities VIDEO INCLUDED

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5
I just wanted to know if some things in my car are happening in others. I have a 2016.5 CX-5 Grand touring AWD.

1. I have had a couple cars with rear windshield washing. All those covered more windshield when spraying. Mine is just a stream that only hits one spot. If thats normal for all then that is ok.

2. My center console seems to be more loose than I think it should be. When people get into the back seat and push by the console it creaks and squeaks and concerns me a little.

3. This I believe is not a normal occurrence. Hopefully.... The faux leather around the screen was starting to peel off from that little seam. It doesn't look that bad, but that is because occasionally I slide my credit card in there to push it back into the seam.

If any of you CX-5 owners have the time, please have a look at the youtube video posted below and just let me know what you think.

Thank you!

The plastic frame around the LCD is the biggest eyesore of an otherwise good-looking interior. The first CX-5 that I test-drove, I noticed this issue right away since there was a snag along the plastic edge. The car I purchased looks fine for now, but I expect it will get worse over time.

Just some curiosities VIDEO INCLUDED

1. Normal for CX-5.

2. Not normal.

3. Very common problem due to the "leather" trim piece been cut too short. There's a revised version available now to prevent this problem happening again.

Take your CX-5 to your dealer for warranty service on item #2 and 3.

2. - Not the center console. There are few other areas which seem flimsy but center console which in itself is pretty awful as an armrest is strong.

1. The washer is okay.

2. The console will have mounting screws somewhere. Well it should. Get the dealer to fix it.

3. Poor workmanship on that seam. The Mazda dealer told me on my SP23 that had a small paint bubble inside the boot/trunk lid that it would be payed for by the factory. He took photos of it and sent them to Japan and they agreed to pay for the respray of the inside of the boot/trunk lid.

They did an excellent job.

Then again he might have been full of B/S but I got the job done.

I had #3 in the exact same spot. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I think I only had about 6-8k miles on it at the time. No problems with the replacement piece.

Latest posts

Back